The Date

I kiss my Dad on the cheek and when I turn back around Ponyboy has his arm tilted. I link arms with him jokingly and we walk out of the door.

When we got halfway down the road and out of sight from my house he unlinked our arms and interlocked our fingers.

"Haha still scared of my Dad I see," I nudged him.

"Oh shut up I am not... Well, maybe just a little bit," he admitted.

I giggled and we walked hand in hand down the streets of Tulsa.

We got to the record store in 20 minutes, I hadn't been in there before.

"Ruby's records," the store front read.

I stepped into the store and a bell rang above me. A woman with wild hair and a patterned cardigan popped out from behind the cashier desk.

"Looking for Anything in particular?" she asked shrillingly.

"No thanks Ruby, just browsing," Ponyboy answered.

She smiled at us before ducking back down behind the desk.

We walked around for a bit until we came to the 'dicount section'

"We should start here, It's a gold mine," Ponyboy smiled as he started ruffling throught he boxes of records.

"Ooh Chuck Berry," I said and pulled out a vinyl.

"Look, Paul Anka," He says.

We browsed around for a while before I had what I wanted.

I got 3 records, Paul Anka, Chuck Berry and Roy Orbison. We were walking up to the checkouts when I saw something. "Johnny Cash!" I said and raced over.

Ponyboy followed me, smiling. He had the records under one arm and the other one was swinging by his side.

I checked the price tag "oh 3 dollars , I only brought 8. It's ok, I don't need it," I said then turned around to get the records of ponyboy.

We walked up to the cash desk and the woman with the patterned cardigan was rearranging the shelves opposite the register. We waited a second for her to notice us but after 3 minutes she still didn't. I rang a bell on the desk. She turned around, fixed her wide, circular glasses and then adressed us.

"Well Hi dear, do yall want me to check for scratches or are you good?" she asked kindly with a thick southern accent.

"No thanks, I'm all good," I smiled.
I realised how foreign my mild New York accent sounds compared to hers.

"Alrighty then sugar," she rang the records up and I payed. "Have a good day now," she said.

I grabbed the paper bag and we walked out of the store with my hand in Ponyboy's.

"So... Where to?" I asked after we had been walking for a minute.

"Y/n I have to do something real quick. Start walking to the DX and I promise I will catch up before you get there," he winks.

So I do what he says and start walking to the DX.

__________________
Ponyboy's P.O.V
===============
As soon as I promised y/n I ran back to Ruby's.

I opened, well barged through the front door and the bell rang loudly.

Ruby stuck her head around from the storeroom. I had gotten to know her beacause I unpack boxes for her when she gets a new shipment each weekend. I only earn a couple dollars and no one knows, except Soda but I buy the ingredients for cake when I can.