Sleepover With Dally

As I was waiting I saw Dally storm up to the stands.

"What's with the face. Aww did the chicks not dig your 'bad boy' motif," I mock.

"Not yet. To be honest I'm only focused on the redhead. She's playing hard to get," he smirked and got in line for the stand.

UGGH. I should have known that Cherry would be Dally's exact type. Just. My. Luck.

"Oh is it so hard to believe that a girl doesn't fancy you? " I said sarcastically. If you couldn't already tell... I joke when I'm nervous.

"How can she not, I'm irresistible," he winks.

"Whatever helps you sleep at night, dollface," I laughed.

He narrowed his eyes and bought 2 cokes.

"Why are you up here anyways?" He asked.

"I don't feel well," that's a lie. "So I called my Dad to pick me up," another lie. I'm a terrible liar.

"If I believed that then I would be the worst cousin ever," he chuckled.

"But I know you won't tell me the truth. I'll leave here before the movie ends and you should meet me at Buck's. Tell him your name and he'll bring you to me," He said and left to go back to the seats.

I went to go ask him why when I see the headlights of Darry's truck shine through the fence.

I climbed into the truck and see a confused Darry sitting in the drivers seat.

"I thought Ponyboy would be with you," he said.

"I didn't tell him," I responded. I don't know why I didn't tell him. It seemed like a good idea at the time.

"Alright then," He said and turned the truck around. "So, what happened. You were talking a little fast on the phone and all I got was 'trouble' and 'Please pick me up at the drive in'," he asked.

"Uhh, so yanno the way I got jumped
in the library," I twiddled my thumbs.

Darry nodded.

"Well one girl threw a chair at my head and almost killed me," I said.

Darry winced and urged me to go on.

"That girl ended up sitting infront of us at the Drive-in. I don't think she saw me but I didn't want to take any chances," I said.

He said that he understood and drove to his house after I told him that my Dad was on a night-shift.

We pulled up and Soda was chilling in the sitting room.

"Anymore of that cake," Soda smiled.

"Nah, how'd your date go?" I asked and sat down.

"Sandy cancelled, again. Said her Grandma took another fall," he sighed.

I could tell that he believed her. It could've been true but I don't think so. Sandy seemed nice but between how she reacted when Evie mentioned Sylvia two-timing to this terrible excuse. Something shady was definately happening.

I didn't want to tell Soda that so instead, I took his mind off it.

"Hey Soda, wanna play poker?" I asked and picked up the box of cards from the table.

"Sure, Hey Darry wanna play?" he said.

"Alright I will. Don't bet higher than a dollar, you know that y/n can wipe you clean," Darry warned Soda.

I laughed and shuffled the cards.

"I only got a dollar on me anyway so your in luck," I said and put my coins on the table.

"You're on Ponygirl," he said and I raised an eyebrow.

"I've been calling you that since he asked you out," He smiles.

I deal the cards and we play a couple rounds. I take their money pretty quick and remember what Dally said to me at the drive-in.

"Ok losers I'm gonna quit while I'm ahead and go to Buck's to see Dal," I take my jacket and say goodbye.

It's surprisingly easy to find Buck's beacuase the front of the bar has a lighted sign with bright blue letters on it.

I knock on the door and who I assume to be Buck answers it.

"Hey kid, whadda want?" he asks with a cancer stick hanging out of his mouth.

"I'm y/n Winston, I'm here to see Dally," I say. Buck leads my trough a smoke-filled room with pool tables, a bar and people making out.

We go up a flight of rickety stairs and to a small back room. Buck knocks on the door.

"Dal, your cousin's here," he said and opens the door.

I walk in and see a shirtless Dally lying on the bed playing with what looks like Two-Bit's switchblade. He must've swiped it from him.

I see a black t-shirt and throw it at him. "Put a shirt on, man," I said and sat on the end of his bed while he put it on.

"Ok, ok, but you have to tell me why you left so early," he asked.

I told him everything. The fake note, Cherry almost killing me, Slyvia in the hospital and the drive-in.

"Why don't you crash here tonight? It'll be fun, " He asked.

"Sure but my Dad's on a night shift and he won't know where I am," I said.

"I'll take Buck's car so you can leave your Dad a note. He won't even know the cars gone c'mon," he said and leaded me to the front of the bar where a warn out black Toyota stood.

We hopped in and Dally drove me home. I walked in, left a note for my  dad, stuffed a change of underwear into my pocket and went back out to Dally.

We drove to Bucks and Dally told me that I could take the bed. It was getting late and I was tired.