Poetry And Poker

I followed Ponyboy upstairs to his room and saw Soda sitting on the edge of his bed, this time with a shirt on.

"Hey, I wasn't alloud bring Sandy to my room when I was 14!" he said.

I leaned in closer to Ponyboy "And Sandy is?" I asked quietly.

"His girlfriend," he whispered back.

My eyes widened and my heart raced. Girlfriend?

"Nah Soda It's different, we're not together...Yet" Pony assured Soda. His face was getting redder but he was definately smirking.

I remembered Sunday night. Dally bringing me to my house and saying almost the exact same thing about me and Pony's relationship status.

"Ok ok, No funny business and I'm sure Darry would freak if he sees the door closed,"He said and backed out of the room quietly making sure to leave the foor open.

Ponyboy sat down on his bed and I sat facing him. I lay our books down and took out my English textbook.

"I've already covered Edgar Allen Poe back in New York and wrote an essay on him. It will be easy," I said while trying to find the correct chapter.

"Oh cool yeah," he responded absentmindedly.

I looked up at him and caught him staring at a worn page that looks like its been torn vigorously from a copybook. He noticed me looking at him and shoved the paper into the back pocket of his jeans.

"Umm, what should we do for the introduction?" he asked.

I was curious about what was on the paper but it wasnt my business so I ignored it.
______________
30 mins later
============

We finished half the project and I was lying down on my stomach. We agreed that we were going to finish this paragraph and take a break.

"Hey, y/n you seen to know alot more about this guy then someone who just learned about him in school," he chuckled.

"Well he is my favourite poet. Frost is a close second," I stated while not looking up from the 'Did you know' box I was writing.

"Wait, Frost like Robert Frost?" he asked and rubbed the back of his neck.

I stared at him for a solid 5 seconds before my brain even registered what he said. I've seen guys rub their neck in movies but never understood why all the girls in the picture house back home swooned when actors like Frankie Avalon did it. Now I do.

"Y-yeah, you know him?" I asked.

"Yeah he's the best! I still cant believe you like poetry like I like poetry," he exclaimed. (A/N I almost had a stroke while writing that)

"Me neither, and on that note I am finished" I said and 'mic dropped' my pen on the bed.

I got up and walked over to his window. His bedroom faced the back of the house. I saw Soda walk from around the side of the house and down the thin road that led to the town. When he got to the end of the road he got stormed by a gang of teenage girls.

I laughed uncontrollably and Ponyboy came over to see what was funny.

"Hahahah how often does this happen haha," I asked him before laughing again at Soda trying get away from them while still being a gentleman.

"Uhh i'd say it happens daily, girls stop by the DX after school. Even if theyre not walking that way," he chuckled.

"Why would they go through all that trouble?" I asked.

"Well hello, he is the most attractive guy in the the West Side!" he said.

"I might just have to disagree with you there Horseman," I replied before walking over to his bed and stacking my books.

He came up behind me and grabbed the books from my hands "If you want these back you will have to tell me why you disagree," he said.

"Nah I'd be wasting my breath," I said with my arms crossed looking into his Green eyes. I'd always liked green eyes.

He didn't say anything but just stared back at me. Then he set the books back on the bed and turned back to face me.

He stared at my lips, then to my eyes, then back to my lips. (I THINK. YOU KNOW. WHERE THIS ABOUT TO GO)

"Uhhh can I kiss you?" he asked me nervously. His hands were shaking and his face is very red and warm.

I was suprised but answered by pressing my lips against his. He froze for a second which made me wonder if he was joking when he asked but then he kissed me back with such a passion. My hands found their way to his hair and his wrapped around my waist and pulled me in tight. He smiled but then pulled away.

"I'd much rather waste my breath on that," I said, my cheecks warm.

He laughed but still held me close.
Then the door closed downstairs and I heard Darry's voice talking to Johnny.

"Should we go downstairs before we give my dear brother a heart attack?"he asked.

"Yeah -just let me stop being flustered for a second," I said.

He chuckled and held me close to his chest.

About 5 minutes later we went downstairs. Darry was sitting on the armchair with his legs crossed and his arms behind his head. When we came downstairs he opened one eye.

"Uhh hey y/n, are your stitches alright?" he asked curiously.

"Yeah they're almost fully healed. Thanks for everything,"I said and sat down on the couch.

"It's alright," Darry replied then got up "y/n are you staying for dinner?" he added.

"Only if there's enough," I answered.

I spent the evening in the Curtis house. All the gang turned up individually Soda first with the ingredients for a chocolate cake. Which I was very confused about until Ponyboy told me that cake is a staple of the gangs diet.

Steve was next, with a bump on his head. He tried to tell us he almost got jumped but fought the socs off. I would've believed it if i didnt see him do a flip off a car and hit his head 1 minute earlier while I was watching from the window.

Then came Dally wearing his signature "tough" façade.
I looked over at Johnny when Dally came and he turned pink. Luckily no one noticed exept me. He sat beside Johnny and Johnny whispered somerthing into his ear. It must've been the fact I know beacause Dally winked at me straight after.

Two-Bit was the last to arrive. He came in laughing but that was expected. He went into the kitchen, got a beer and then sat on the floor ans turned mickey on the T.V

Steve took a packet of cards off the table and started shuffling.

"Poker, anyone?" he asked.

"Yeah count me in" I responded. I dug into my pocked and took a quarter out.

"You sure, do you not want to play snap or something?" he asked smugly.

"I honestly have no idea how you got a girlfriend, Steve... Yes, I'm sure now deal the damn cards," I remarked.

The rest of the gang laughed at Steve.
"You guys shouldn't bet too much,
Y/n's poker skills would suprise you," Dally told everyone.

"Yeah remember the first time I played a game with you and you were too stubborn to quit. Haha your pockets were empty before I could say check," I laughed at the memory of Dally's frustrated face.

When the game was over I was 10 dollars richer and everyones face was dumbstruck. Except Dally who knew this was going to happen.