3 Weeks Older

During my last class of the day I couldn't even hear what the teacher was saying. I was to deep in my own thought, I was thinking about two things (A/N: Paul Newman was not one of them😉).

The first one was Ponyboy. This wasnt unusual as he was always in my mind but this was different. It's a bit cliché to have a school project with the guy I have a thing for. I've watched enough teen movies to know that. It probably won't be like that and he DEFINATELY won't ask me out but a girl can imagine.

The second thing was a bit strange. Why did that other greaser run. I was trying to think what happened right before that and I could only remember 3 things.
1. I told him my name.
2. Pony walked over (though I didn't notice that until after).
3. I threatened him.

My threatening didn't do anything so I could mentally cross that one out, that left two. Pony is so sweet, why would a bigger guy like Curly be scared of him? I don't know but him running away from my name would be more absurd. I decided that I was looking into it too much.

The bell rang so I got all my homework books from my bag and went outside. I didn't see anyone that I knew so I walked in the direction of my house. Then I heard footsteps behind me so I turned around.

"Wanna work at my house today?" Pony slowed down from the jog he was in and stood beside me.

"Oh, yeah sure I will just have to leave a note for my dad. I live close to the park so not far from your house," I said as we started to walk again.

When we got to my house I tried to open the front gate but it was stuck so I had to kick it open. I walked halfway down my garden when I realised Pony wasn't following me. I turned and saw him standing at the gate still.

"Are you coming in or not?" I asked.

I opened the door and sat at the kitchen counter, Ponyboy followed and sat beside me. I got the small notebook that we leave on the counter for notes to eachother or shopping lists and wrote 'doing a project with a friend. Don't wait up for dinner :)' and left it there.

"We can either go or I can show you my room?" I asked.

He blushed like crazy before stuttering out "I don't mind,".

"To my room it is then," I said. I grabbed his hand and dragged him from his chair, up the stairs and to my room.

"We only got the bed yesterday. There's my books and there's my records well record," I said. He took his hand from mine and I pretended that I didn't notice when in reality I was kind of hurt.

He walked over to my record player and looked at the vinyl on it.

"Hey y/n I didn't know you like Elvis!" he exclaimed.

"Yeah Elvis's music is tuff but I don't agree with his age gap with Priscilla," I said and blew off any dust from the record.

I winded the handle and 'I can't help falling in love with you' started playing.

"Yeah me neither. Maybe they were just in love but I think it was wrong," He said and walked closer to me.

"Yeah like it can't be that hard to find someone near your age. Your only 3 weeks older than me..Not that I... I just mean... Don't get me wrong your good looking, great looking actually. SHIT, I said that out loud," I blushed so hard, lay down on my bed and covered my face with my pillow.

After a minute of hesitation I heard Pony chuckle and the record finished playing.

"If you want me to I can try forget what you just said but I really don't want to. I do look great don't I," He said and stood in front of the long mirror on the door of my wardrobe.

"Shut up kid," I said, and threw the pillow that I used to cover my face at his head.

"Ow if I remember correctly, I'm older than you. By 3 weeks that is," He said and sat on my bed.

"And if I remember correctly, I told you to shut up," I responded and got up. I walked out my bedroom door.

"Ok, Ok I'm coming" He said and stood from my bed.
____________
Pony's POV
==========

I followed her downstairs and saw her in the kitchen getting an apple.

She literally just said I was handsome. Well no, she said I looked great but they were the same thing. Weren't they?

I grabbed both our books from the countertop and we both left.

When she closed the front gate she realised that I was carrying her books.

"Oh, sorry Pony I can take them now," she said her arms in front of her gesturing for me to hand her books to her.

"No it's fine honestly," I said.

She looked surprised and we walked down the road.