Delirious

Y/n/n = your nick name (if you don't have one just replace it with kid)

I couldn't sleep, so about 3am I went upstairs to check on Ponyboy. Sodapop agreed to keep him awake until 5 but when I walked in both of them were nodding off.

I kissed Ponyboy and stroked his hair, he woke immediately but I had to shake Soda before he opened his eyes.
"Wha-" he struggled.

"C'mon Sodapop, you're supposed to be keeping him awake," I put my hands on my hips.

"Sorry y/n/n, This is the first time I've been able to sleep since he ran away," Soda told me.

"Alright," I sighed. "Go into your bedroom and sleep Pepsi I'll keep him awake," I led him out of Pony's room.

Ponyboy smiled at me as I went to sit down beside him in his bed. He was delusional and started gabbering.

------------------

"Yanno y/n, I fucking hate baloney," he muttered around half past four while he had his head on my lap.

I started laughing, laughing for the first time in over a week. My boyfriend sure did talk some shit.

"Why do you hate baloney, hun?" I asked him. Ponyboy went on a 15 minute rant about baloney and I tried my hardest to hold it together.

"Alright love, no baloney then," I said and played with his hair.

"When we run away together and buy a house, there is gonna be no baloney whatsoever," he confirmed and then nodded his head.

The alarm that I set for 5 am rang that second and I reached to turn it off. I was shocked about Ponyboy's last statement. "Can I go to sleep now?" He asked.

"Yes but what do you mean, 'when we run away together' Pony?" I asked him.

"I mean, the second we graduate, we're gonna go live in the countryside," He chuckled, turned over and fell straight asleep.

I stared blankly at the wall. He might've just been delirious. He has a concussion AND a fever for gods sake. But I couldn't help wondering that Ponyboy meant all those things that he said. I hope that he did because I wanted to spend my future with him too.

——————————————————

I fell asleep beside Ponyboy and woke up at 9am. Pony was sweating and had the duvet kicked off of him but asleep none the less. I put my hand on his forhead and it was boiling hot

I went downstairs and saw Darry cooking breakfast. "How's Ponyboy?" He asked as he plated up some bacon for everyone. Dal was sitting on the couch so I sat beside him.

"His head is really hot and he is kinda delirious," I told him and sat at the kitchen table.

"Really? What's he saying?" Darry questioned and looked at me.

"Ehhh, that he hates baloney," I chuckled. I still don't know why he said that.

"Really? He used to love it," Darry smiled.

I sat down to eat breakfast and Darry went upstairs to wake Soda up.

"How are you feeling this morning, Dal?" I asked my cousin who hadn't said as much as 'hi' since I came downstairs.

"Getting Better kid, thanks again about last night," he looked back down at his bacon.

"If anyone hears you apologising this much they'll think you've gone soft, Dal. Don't mention it, you'd do the same for me," I told him and put my dish in the sink.

"You bet I would y/n, any second of the day," Dally almost whispered.

A sleepy Sodapop stumbled down the stairs a few moments after. "Hey, Dally," He yawned "Oh hey mini Dally," he smiled at me and ruffled my hair.

——————————————————

I went home to have a shower and get changed into clean clothes but the second I walked back into the Curtis house, Soda walks up to me. "Y/n, come upstairs quick. Pony's been asking for you since the moment you've left. He hasn't eaten either," he grabbed my arm and brought me upstairs.

"Where is she? Where's y/n?" I heard Ponyboy ask from out in the hall way.

"She's on her way, Pone," Darry said.

I walked into the bedroom and kneeled down beside Pony's bed.

"I'm here love. I won't leave you again. Do you want anything?" I asked.

Ponyboy smiled at me, he was sweating bullets and in a different pair of pajamas then when I was here last.

"Y/n I have to ask you something... Do you wanna be my girlfriend," he asked me. I giggled at his illness endorsed stupidity.

"Pony, I'm already your girl," I stroked his cheek with my thumb.

He looked at me with a big grin "Really? Man, I'm lucky," he said.

I accually liked this chapter. Anyways my broski's, I gotta bounce. Bounce on your joystick (;