Same Advice Twice

It was finally the end of the day.

I grabbed my notes as soon as the teacher dismissed us.

I went to my locker to get all the books I needed for homework but as I turned the corner I saw Ponyboy walk out to school doors.

I grabbed my books and quickly followed him. He wasn't exaggerating when he said that he could run.

I couldn't keep up so I shouted "Pony, your faster than a mustang,".

He turned his head and walked back, his breath slightly uneven. "Man, have you been avoiding me I haven't seen you since biology?" I asked curiously.

"Nah, After Bio I was embarrassed about Rockfield calling me out,"He said his face flushed red."Oh and I ran beacause I told Soda that I would meet him after school" He added while smoothly changing the subject.

"Say, why were you looking at me anyway?" I asked curiously.

"Um nothin', no reason what so ever," said replied abruptly. His shoulders were tence.

"Alright, I wouldn't want it to be my fault you kept Sodapop waiting now, would I?" I said while turning around but stopped and added "See you later Horseman,"

He chuckled. "Horseman, that's a new one," He said before continuing to sprint down the street..
_________________
PONY'S POV
==============
I ran down the street but slowed to a jog and turned around to see if I could see y/n. In short terms, I couldn't.

I turned into a small alleyway, stood against on of the brick walls and slid down into a low crouch.

Yeah I was staring at her in class but it was because I could smell her perfume and it smelt amazing and her hair looked so soft. I should've known that she would ask me, I should have been prepared.

I got to DX and Soda was filling up
A black sedan when I arrived.

"Hey Pony I finish in 20 minutes, go get a cola and ill be back when I'm done,"he said while putting the tank cap back on.

I took his advice and 20 minutes later Soda came over.

"Let's go kid," He said and started to walk.

I caught up to him and we walked in silence for awhile until I asked what he meant by 'advice'.

"Look Pone you obviously want to ask her out and I know you well enough to get a fair idea of how nervous you get around broads," He said and looked down at me.

"Well not all of us are as handsome as you, Soda. Girls don't exactly swoon over me on the hour," I said jokingly. He chuckled and nudged me in the shoulder.

Just then we got back home, Darry was still in work like he always was when we got home. Soda took out some left-over chocolate cake from the fridge and set it down in the living room. He threw a fork over to me.

"So how do I ask her out?" I asked and shoved a forkfull of cake into my mouth.

"Easy. You say 'hey y/n what you doing on Friday?' she'll answer and if she's free you ask her if she wants to hang out. NEVER say it's a date. She will catch the drift. Don't tell her where it is either. It will leave her wondering so she will be thinking of you,"He said.

He acted like he just asked if I wanted to watch TV. Not like he just gave me a whole books worth of advice.

"You make it sound so easy!" I announced as I hid my face in both hands.

"You will be fine, trust me," He said while patting my back.

"But why can't I tell her it's a date? And what If she doesn't catch the drift and thinks I want to hang out with her as a friend?" I asked nervously.

He laughed though I didn't think it was that funny. Why was he laughing at me? Was he setting me up for failure?

"She likes you kid ,and If you can't see that then your as good as blind," Soda announced with a smile.

"Your just guessin' that Soda. But it does calm me a bit," I said and smirked slightly.

I went up to my room to do homework but as I started to rewrite my English notes I soon realised that I wrote y/n's name instead of the main character of the novel we read.

"A shower" I thought and nodded my head. That ought to clear my mind.
______________
Your POV
============

I was almost finished my history homework when my pen ran empty.
I grabbed a new one from my pen-holder and wrote my name on a random piece of paper to test it, only to realise that I wrote Y/n Curtis.

This crush was getting more severe by the hour. I crumpled the page into a ball and threw it on my bed. Then there was a knock on my bedroom door.

"Come in," I said. I opened a window before I turned to see who it was.

"Hey y/n," a familiar voice said.

"Oh, hi Dally. You Ok?" I Asked.

"Yeah I just came to see how your first day was. Did anything exiting happen?" he asked and lay down on my bed.

"Yeah, I put a soc back in his place," I shrugged and pretend that it was nothing when in fact I was proud.

"Ooh tell me more," He asked.

I told him the whole story about English class. I probably made myself out as more of a hero than I was.

"Woah that's real cool, Seems like you impressed Pony too," He smirked when he said the last part.

"Oh... Well the last part doesn't matter but it was cool," I said and turned around so he couldn't see me blush.

"Well I know thats not true but your so oblivious!" he said while chuckling.

"No.1 I have no idea of what your talking about and No.2 He definitely taught you that word," I said as I sat back down at my desk.

While I was talking I didn't noticed that he took the crumpled paper ball that I threw on my bed and uncrumpled it. When I turned around he shoved it in his pocket.

"What did you put in your pocket?" I asked curiously and crossed my arms.

"Uhhh, just checking that my cancer sticks are there and they're not so I better go get more. See you later kid," He said, got up and walked briskly towards the door.

Before he left he turned around and said"He likes you kid. If you can't see that you might as well be blind,".

Then he left and I listened to his footsteps until I heard the front door close.