Questions And Confessions

We were halfway to my house when y/n started to look puzzled. I stopped walking and put my hand on her shoulder and turned her to face me.

"Y/n are you ok? You seem a million miles away," I said as my brow creased.

She glanced at my hand then said "Pony I want you answer me truthfully,". She stared straight at me.
I almost forgot to reply but her y/e/c eyes were too gorgeous not to stare back into.

"Eyes... Oh I mean of course," I looked down for a second but looked back up again.

"Why did Curly run away earlier? Don't get me wrong I wanted him to leave but I'm just wondering how his attitide changed so quickly," she said and we started to walk again.

How was I supposed to explain to the prettiest girl on the planet that her cousin that she adores is the worst hood out of all of us.

"You see Dally how he really is, and beacause of you I'm starting to see him that way. To anyone else he... I'll explain it like this," I started.

"Are you just trying to change the subject? I grew up in New York I can handle whatever it is," She told me.

"No, I know you can just listen alright. Dally just got out of the cooler right before you came. He is the least law abiding out of the gang. So 50% of the West Side, if they admit it or not is a little scared of Dallas Winston. But what they don't see is the fact he got put in there for breaking a school window, when Two-Bit did it. Not him, he just took the blame. He is a good person and you mean alot to him y/n, " He said.

"So when Curly heard that I was a Winston..." she hesitated.

"He assumed the worst and ran home to Mommy," I laughed.

"Thanks Pony. Really, I know Dally ain't that bad. And that's all that matters, right?" she asked rhetorically.

When we got to my block I realised something. If I walked in with y/n whoever is in my house will assume that I've asked her and ruin everything so I had to ask her before we got to my house.

"Hey y/n I noticed you only had 1 record," I said.

"Yeah I had to get rid of them all when I moved here, Why?" she asked.

"I was just wondering if you wanted to go to the record store with me on Friday?" I asked nervously.

"Yeah, like a date?"

"Only if you want it to be," I offered.

"For being in advanced class you can be an idiot Ponyboy Curtis. Of course I want it to be," she stepped in and threw her arms around my neck and hugged me.

My breath hitched in my throat and I was caught off guard. I hesited for a second before wrapping my arms around her back and pulled her closer to my chest. Neither of us wanted to let go. Our heartbeats were in sync. The only thing that made us let go was the sound of someone clearing their throat behind us. (A/N uggh the cringe 🤮🤮)

We quickly pulled away and blushed furiously. Johnny was behind us smoking a weed leaning on a streetlamp.

"I'm guessing she said yes" he said his face as red as mine.

"They know?" she asked. Her brow was creased.

I raised my eyebrows and widened my eyes in a 'why do you think' look.
Her face softened in realisation.

"Two-Bit" we said in unison like that made perfect sence beacause to anyone that knew him, it did.
___________
Your POV
=========
Pony walked in his house first followed by Johnny. I stood in the doorway behind them. Soda was on the couch eating a sandwich with his shirt off. I turned to face the wall.

"Hey Pony, why you home la-" he started with his mouthfull but then he saw me. He swallowed his sandwich and continued "Hello y/n, I'm guessing you didn't reject him," he said.

"Ill only talk to you if you put a shirt on, man," i said still facing the wall.

"You pick 'em well Pony, most girls would kill to see me with my shirt off," he said and ran upstairs.

"We can do homework at the dining table or in my room," he asked.

"Well you got to see my room so it would only make sense if i got to see yours," I answered.

"Uhhh...ok well I got to go clean it real quick. Here" he said and handed me our schoolbooks before running upstairs.

I giggled and Johnny went over to the couch. I noticed he was wearing the same ring that Dally was wearing. I shrugged it off.

"Sooo... He was in your room huh
Y/n," Johnny said.

"Shut up Johnny" I threw my notebook at him "It wasn't like that,"

"No that definately wasn't what you two were doin'," he said winked at me.

"If you dont be quiet I'll tell Dally you stole his ring," I threatened.

"I didnt steal it, he gave it to me," he laughed.

"What are you dating him now or something?" I asked jokingly.

"Uhh no were just friends. That would be wrong ya know," he said nervously.

I ran over and sat my books down on the couch. "Johnny I moved here from New York. You know that right," I asked.

"Yeah, I know," he replied confusedly.

"I mean, I don't have a small town mentality. You could fancy horses and I wouldn't judge you," I chuckled.

"Ok yeah, yeah we are..." he lowered down to a whisper. "We are dating but please don't tell anyone y/n, please," he begged with wide eyes.

"Scouts honour," I said and crossed my heart.

I hugged him and when we pulled away I said "You know I'm accually not a scout right?" I said and he started laughing.

Ponyboy came downstairs shortly after. "Ok I think its a little better," he announced.