Dairy Queen

Ponyboy's eyes widened as he got up from were he was sitting. "Hey Darlin'," he smirked.

"How you holding up, Horseman?" I ask as I remember the first time I called him that. When I caught him running to the DX straight after school.

Ponyboy walked up to me, slowly at first but then ran the rest of the way. He pulled me into a hug so fast that I almost got whiplash. He wrapped his arms around my waist. In the past week, he had outpassed me slightly in height.

I pecked his cheek when he pulled away. "You don't know how much I've missed you," I said.

"I have a fair idea," he chuckled amd squeezed me tighter.

——————————————————

We were in the car on the way to the nearest Dairy Queen. Dally says that he saw one on the way here. Dal was driving with Johnny in shotgun, Pony and I were chilling in the backsest talking about the past week.

"So the rumble is still going ahead," I told him. Ponyboy admitted that he'd forgotten all about it and then Dally cut in.

"Yeah and we got ourselves a new spy. Cherry from the drive-in" he said as he drove in to the Dairy Queen drive-thru

I looked out the window "Cherry Valance?" I asked expressionlessly. I had no idea about any of this, I guess that's what you get for barely leaving your house for a week.

"Yeah, her," Dally looked for my reaction in the rear veiw mirror, which was something he started doing everytime she was mentioned since I told him what had happened in the library.

After ordering and paying, we pulled into a parking spot and ate our burgers. Dally was taking the bullets out of the heater and trying to persuade Johnny not to turn himself in, when a little girl about 11 walked up to the car.

"You gotta dime?" she asked.

Dally quickly hid the heater with his hand "Nah, now fuck off," he said.

"How about a quarter?" she persisted.

"GET LOST KID!" Dally exploded.

The kids eyes filled up with tears so I reached into my pocket and took of a handful of coins. I handed them to the girl. "Thanks lady," she smiled and ran over to her friends.

I glared at the back of Dally's head, which he must of sensed because less than a second after he replied with "What now?"

"She's only a kid!" I argued and shook my head.

~

When we were driving back up to Jay Mountain, I rested my head on Ponyboy's shoulder. That was, until I saw the smoke

What happens to the four of them? Will Johnny be saved? Will something happen to y/n? Jesus christ just wait and see