Chapter Thirty-Four

A week had come and gone, which meant I'd been working for Susan for a full week, already. Still, to this day, I wasn't sure how I felt about it. It had been a total of five days that I worked with her, so far, and she was starting to grow on me. Sure, her constant rambling and need to be so bubbly about everything still drove me a bit crazy at times, but how kind she was made it hard to not like her. Still, tutoring was still easier, quieter.

So far, I was tutoring only two people, one of which was Tyler. I know it seems like it might be a little awkward to spend so much alone time with him given our small history, but it wasn't. Him and I got along really well, as friends of course.

The first two times I tutored Tyler was at his place, but given that so many guys are over there all the time, it didn't make for a very quiet learning experience. We decided that from that point on it would be better for him to come over to Grayson's and my apartment.

A knock on the door let me know that Tyler was here. I jumped from the couch and headed for the door, letting him in. "Hey," I said to him and then turned to Grayson who was still sitting on the couch. "We'll be in my room," I told him before walking to my room with Tyler following close behind.

I shut the door to give us more privacy while we studied. We sat on my bed and laid out our books and dove right in.

We had been studying for about an hour when we were interrupted by this high-pitched laugh. Tyler and I eyed each other, us both confused and a little frightened.

"Does Grayson have someone over?" he asked me.

I had no idea that Grayson planned on inviting someone over, but from the sound of it he must have. "I guess."

We could hear this random girl's voice travel through the closed door, and we tried to tune her out but she became louder and the pitch of her laugh raised along with it.

"He can't, honestly, find that attractive," Tyler said as he laid his pen down and looked towards my door as though he could see through it.

I groaned in frustration. "I'll be right back." I got up and walked to Grayson's room knocking on the door.

The first knock yielded no results, so I pounded on the door. Within seconds it swung open and Grayson stood looking down at me.

I could see passed him to some blonde girl sitting on his bed staring back at me. Her shirt was off, lying on the floor, but thankfully the rest of her was clothed. I couldn't quite make out her expression. Was she, genuinely, smiling at me or was it some sort of mocking smile? Maybe it was something else entirely, I wasn't sure.

"Do you need something?" he asked me, pulling my gaze from whoever this chick was back to him.

"Actually, I do," I told him matter of fact. "I need you to calm the hyena," I said as I looked between the both of them, noticing whatever the look she once had disappear being replaced with one of annoyance and anger as she crossed her arms.

"Excuse me?" She questioned.

"Your laugh is so high pitched and so loud I'm surprised we haven't had a noise complaint filed against us."

I watched as her eyes darted from me to his back. "Are you just going to let her talk to me like that, Graybear?"

Graybear? Was she being serious? I thought about making some joke but decided against it, turning my attention to him, instead.

"Graybear, sweetie," I began as I looked up at him noticing the almost embarrassed look on his face. "Tyler and I are in my room trying to study and your girlfriend, fling, whatever you call her, is annoying."

"Study? Is that what you call it?" he asked almost amused.

"What the hell is that supposed to mean?"

He blew his breath in amusement. "Just call it what it really is."

"And what is it exactly?" I crossed my arms and tilted my head up and to the side as I stared up at him.

He rolled his eyes. "I think you know."

"Oh, I believe I do know," I began as my arms fell and my hands were on my hips. "I just want to hear you say it, because as far as I know, what you're thinking and tutoring are nowhere near the same thing."

"Tutoring?"

I gave him an almost sarcastic nod. "Yeah, tutoring," I began before feeling eyes on me and turned to look at the half naked girl sitting on his bed who was trying to burn holes through me with her glare. My face scrunched into a weirded-out expression before I put my attention back on Grayson. "I told you days ago that I was going to start tutoring other students," I told him, my voice becoming irritated as I continued with, "or does the mention of Tyler's name set you off and anything I say after just bounce off your ears not even making it to your brain?"

"Tutoring?" he said once again, this time almost in disbelief.

"Are you broken?"

"Tutoring?" he asked once more, but this time as if confirming.

"Yes, tutoring," my voice was loud and filled with annoyance. "Maybe if you would, actually, start listening to me-"

"I do listen to you," he cut me off.

I spun around and headed for my room. "Obviously you don't, Grayson."

I stopped in the doorway of my room and turned around to see him still standing at his room looking over at me. "Keep her quiet or I'll throw her out myself." I told him before stepping into my room and shutting the door.

****

Thank you so much to everyone who reads! Please don't forget to vote and leave a comment letting me know what you think!

I just want to apologize for how long it has taken me to update, and I appreciate everyone's patience! I know this chapter is a little short, but I hope everyone enjoys it!