Chapter Fifteen

The next morning when I woke up Grayson was still sleeping, peacefully. I slipped out of his embrace slowly to not wake him, mentally telling myself that can never happen again. I grabbed some clothes and quickly changed in the bathroom before packing my stuff up and bringing it downstairs, putting it by the front door.

It was only six in the morning. I should still be sleeping but I didn't get much sleep anyway after telling Grayson about Jared.

I made myself a glass of water and grabbed the box of crackers I brought that were setting out on the counter.

"Hey," I heard Stacie say from behind.

I inhaled deeply. I really didn't want to talk to her, but I sucked it up. "Hey."

She came around the counter and leaned her elbows on it looking straight at me.

I ate the cracker in my hand looking back at her with a puzzled expression. Why was she standing there looking at me in silence while I eat? "Do you need something, Stacie?"

She sighed. "I just wanted to apologize."

"Oh no," I said spitting some crumbs at her. "You've already gave some fake apology before just to get information out of me."

"I know." She sighed again. "I never should have done that. I'm really not a bad person, Ellie."

I snorted. "Please, Stacie. I'm trying to eat and I don't feel like choking on your bullshit."

"I'm serious." She held her face in her hands. "I'll admit that my last apology did hold some ill intention, but I did mean it."

"Is that supposed to make sense?"

"Yes," she paused, "I think." Her eyes hit the wall to my right and then landed back on me. "I did mean it because I shouldn't have called you those nasty things, but I also said it in hopes that you would be willing to open up to me about you and Tyler."

"Why? You guys had been broken up for what? Two months?"

"Well, yes, but I still loved him that whole time, and still do."

"And he still had feelings for you, too. I already told you that." I took a sip of my water. "And I already told you it didn't mean anything, and it didn't. If you're looking for an apology then I'm sorry?" I wasn't sure what I was apologizing for. I mean yeah, I would be upset too if I were her, so I can't really blame her for how she feels, but she is the one who broke up with him.

"No." She shook her head. "You don't need to apologize. I just hope you can forgive me."

"You're forgiven," I told her. Was that true? Yes. Would I ever trust her with anything? Probably not. "And I do apologize for punching you in the face."

She laughed. "I deserved that."

"Good morning," Grayson said as he sat beside me and grabbed the box of crackers from me.

"Hey!" I reached for them but he pushed them out of my reach.

Stacie clasped her hands. "Well, I'm going to go get ready." Then she disappeared.

"You two getting along now?" Grayson questioned me.

"Sure." I shrugged. "So, we need to talk."

"Okay. About what?" he asked.

I went to speak but got distracted by him putting one of my crackers in his mouth. Then as I went to say something Lana's voice filled the room. "Good morning!"

"Good morning," I said to her and then turned to Grayson whispering. "Never mind."

He looked at me confused but didn't press the matter.

Everyone made their way downstairs grabbing a quick bite to eat before we headed back on the road.

The car ride back wasn't as loud but still too loud for eight in the morning, and just like last time, I jumped out of the car thankful for the ride to be over.

We went our separate ways with Lana and me heading back up to our dorm. I tossed my bag near the closet to tend to later.

"So, are you sure nothing is going on between you and Grayson?" Lana asked me.

"Pretty sure."

She began grabbing all her clothes and items from her bags. Of course she would get to that right away. "It just seemed like there was. I don't know."

"There wasn't and there isn't." I sat on the side of my bed and watched her. "We're just friends."

"Okay. I just think friends don't really act the way you two do." She grabbed the last of her things and threw the bag into the closet. "Derek and I are going out tonight but I'll be back after."

"What do you mean friend's don't act like we do?"

"Well, they don't usually sleep together and cuddle."

"No." I shook my head. "He cuddles."

"Okay," she said dragging out the last syllable.

It was still early and they weren't going out until seven, so Lana and I sat around our room bored. We had the TV on but neither of us paid it much attention. We were both tired from the little vacation we had and eventually we both dozed off.

***

Derek had shown up a little before seven and him and Lana left leaving me alone. I decided it would be a good time to unpack my things. I tossed my dirty clothes into Lana's pile of clothes hoping she would wash them. I wasn't lazy, but I have washed her last three loads so it was her turn.

I ordered a pepperoni pizza and turned on a Christmas movie. It was nearing December now so Christmas movies were showing constantly, not that I minded.

After the movie ended I was going to take a quick shower, but decided on making a phone call first.

I listened to the ringing. "C'mon, pick up," I muttered to myself.

"Hello?" Grayson's voice echoed through the phone.

"Could it take you any long to pick up. Seriously," I said annoyed.

"I'm sorry? I was in the shower."

"It's fine." I sighed. I wasn't really mad at him. "I just really need to talk to you. Lana will be home any minute."

"Okay," he said.

"About what we talked about last night. I don't want her to know about it, so please don't say anything."

"Say anything about what?" Lana's voice came from behind, and I spun around meeting her eyes. "Don't want who to know about what?"

"Is that her?" I heard Grayson through the phone.

"I gotta go," I rushed the words before hanging up.

"Who was that?" She eyed my phone.

I tossed my phone onto my bed. "No one." I folded my hands in front of me. "I didn't hear you come in. How was your night?" I tried to change the subject.

"It was good. We had a nice dinner." She pulled her shirt up and over her head. "We were going to go to see a movie," she said as she slid her pants off and grabbed some pajamas putting them on, "but decided to just walk around for a bit and call it a night."

"Oh, it's pretty cold for a walk," I told her while slipping into bed.

She turned the light off. "I know, but it was nice." It was dark but I could just make out her getting into her bed. "Well, I'm tired. Goodnight, Ellie."

'Goodnight."

I checked my phone and noticed Grayson had text asking if everything was okay. I let him know it was for now and then laid down to try and sleep.

I knew Lana would ask me about it again. After I changed the subject she seemed fine, but I could sense she still wondered what was going on.

***

Please don't forget to vote and comment if you enjoyed the chapter!