Chapter One

I was laid back relaxing on the couch in my dorm room watching a rerun of Friends, trying to enjoy the beauty of the show, but Lana, my best friend of twelve years, wouldn't shut up about the party at some fraternity house.

"Oh c'mon, Ellie, it'll be fun!" She was begging at this point for me to go.

"Lana, all you're wanting is to go in hopes of finding some hot guy." I kept my focus on the tv.

"That's not the only reason," she said to which I turned my head slightly to eye her. "Okay, well that might be a little bit true, but it will still be fun!"

I let out a long sigh, one of those you do to overdramatize a situation. "Fine. I'll go."

"Yay!" She clapped her hands excitedly while doing a small dance.

It was around ten when we made it to the party. I was ready by eight, only throwing on a pair of tight jeans and a t-shirt one size too big, and my light brown hair fell perfectly over my shoulders in its natural wave, if you could even call it a wave. My hair was almost too straight, but it did wave out slightly. Lana kept trying to get me to change into something more party-ish as she put it, but I wanted to be comfy and I had no one to impress. Lana, on the other hand, wore a tight black dress and 4 inch heels, curling her dyed blonde hair to perfection. She had no one to impress either, but by the looks of it, she was hoping she would impress someone.

"I can't believe we're finally here." She smiled as we walked up the driveway.

"Me either. How long it took you to get ready I thought we would never leave the dorm."

"Oh hush," she said whacking my arm. "Let's go have some fun." She shook her hips hip bumping me, catching me by surprise and knocking me at least a foot into the grass.

As we made our way inside, the house was already crawling with people. Some looked like they just arrived while others looked like they were already four alcoholic beverages in.

We spotted a few people we knew here and there, spending a few minutes saying hellos and making small talk. Then Lana noticed a guy standing near the group doing keg stands. "Well hello. Who do we have here?"

"Are you going to talk to him, or just stand here drooling at him from across the room?" I asked her.

"I'm not drooling," she said and then worry spread across her face. "Am I?" she asked as she looked at me.

"No. Now go talk to him. He's looking over here." I pushed her in his direction. It took her a second to regain her balance and then she slowly made her way over to him.

I watched their introduction to each other and then when things seemed good I decided to go get myself a drink. If I was going to stay at the party for awhile I needed a drink to help me get through it.

I headed for the kitchen, squeezing my way through the people who found it necessary to stand in the middle of the room talking and not even attempting to move to allow walking space.

The large island in the middle of the kitchen held the drinks; some alcoholic and some not. I mixed me up a drink, as soda nor water was going to cut it. The first sip burned my throat. I really wasn't much for drinking, but parties weren't really my thing, either, so I needed something.

I mingled with a few people hanging around the island, some looking just as thrilled to be there as I was. I figured one of their friends dragged them there just like me.

Then I spotted some guy making his rounds talking to girls throughout the party. They seemed to gawk over him, taking in his every word. I mean he was very attractive, hot even, with his short dark hair styled perfectly and his nicely toned arms on display in his short sleeve white shirt which was the perfect contrast to his tanned body. Not too mention his blue eyes that seemed to give off a sparkle when the light him them just right, and his smile was perfect, as well. A hint of black ink crept down from under his right sleeve.