Chapter Thirteen

Today was the last day of classes before Thanksgiving break and I couldn't be more thrilled. I'd been waiting for this day, not for Thanksgiving exactly though it was a bonus, but just to be able to get away from classes for a few days.

When my last class ended, I skipped, literally, all the way back to my dorm room, making sure to add in a few spins here and there for added effect. Of course, I had to ignore the few odd looks I got.

"What are you so excited about?" Lana asked as I skipped through our door.

"it's break time!"

"I know!" she said as she shoved a pair of jeans into her bag.

I grabbed my bag and started packing, too. We had planned on staying on campus during Thanksgiving break, but then Tyler invited us to his grandparents cabin, and we thought "why not?" It sure beat staying cooped up in the dorm room while campus became nothing short of a ghost town.

We were leaving around noon after having a quick lunch with Grayson and Derek.

* * *

If you thought being stuck in a car with Grayson and Derek for an hour would be bad, you're wrong. It's awful. The whole car ride they sang at the top of their lungs, and it didn't matter what song it was. Even the songs by female artists were sung loud, and they attempted to hit every high note. Not too mention you could feel the car shake as they danced around.

Lana and I had to scream over the music and them just to talk.

When we pulled up to Tyler's grandparents cabin I almost kissed the ground when I got out of the car.

When they said it was out in the middle of nowhere they weren't kidding. We had to have at least drove thirty minutes off the main highway on a dirt road. It was placed in the middle of a huge open area but trees surrounded on all sides.

The cabin was nothing I imagined. I expected it to be small but it was two story and had to at least be three thousand square feet in size. I guess I shouldn't have been surprised, with the car Tyler drives, his family has to have money.

The interior was a natural wood from floor to ceiling and the kitchen was a dark stained wood. It, honestly, looked like the forest threw up and somehow this cabin was built, but it was beautiful. It seemed like the only thing, besides the windows, that wasn't wood was the brick fireplace in the living room.

The four of us stood in the entry way as Tyler came out of the kitchen with Stacie on his tail. She and I made eye contact and she looked embarrassed. "Hey, guys," he said.

We all said hey before dropping our bags near the door and walking into the living room.

Stacie came up to me. "Ellie, I just wanted to apologize." Her eyes were at the floor. "I never should have said what I did to you."

'It's fine," I told her.

She looked up at me. "No, it's not. I was awful to you." Then she leaned in whispering so no one else could hear, "how many times did you two have sex?"

My eyes widened. "Oh, um."

"I don't mean to make this weird, it's just he said three times and I want to make sure he's not lying to me," she whispered, again.

"Three? It was only twice."

Her composure turned to almost rage. "Twice?" Her voice raised and from the corner of my eye I could see everyone's attention was on us.

"No?" I said but it sounded like I was questioning it because the look on her face made me nervous as to what to say.

She spun around on her heels right in Tyler's direction. "Twice, Tyler? You said it was only once!"