Chapter Four

Snow had made its way to town just a few days ago. It hadn't been too bad, yet, but I was already tired of it.

I pulled my beanie further over my ears as I headed to Psychology class. All I wanted to do was snuggle under a blanket in my warm dorm room.

When I walked into the class I began making my way down the aisle attempting to pass Lana and the guys, pretending I didn't see them, but a hand wrapped around my arm pulling me back.

"Where are you going?" Lana's voice sounded from behind me.

I spun around. "Oh, I didn't see you there." I gave her an innocent smile before sitting down.

"Sure you didn't," she said.

I greeted Derek and then turned my attention to the front of the class. "Hey, Ellie," I heard Grayson say. "Hi," I told him not averting my eyes from the teacher, not even when Lana gave my arm a small nudge.

After class I wanted to leave in a hurry but the students that made it out before me were slow like usual. Lana walked beside me with Derek who had his arm over her shoulders. Grayson walked along the other side of me.

"I'm still trying to figure out what it is that makes you not like me," Grayson said to me.

"Me too."

"What is that supposed to mean?" he asked.

"I don't know." I kept my focus straight ahead. "There's just something about you that irks me," I told him, to which Derek started laughing.

"What's so funny?" Grayson asked him, reaching behind us girls and lightly shoving him.

Derek's arm fell from around Lana. "I don't know, man." He lightly shoved him back laughing. "Maybe that there's finally a girl here that doesn't fall at your feet."

"Shut up," Grayson said.

"Hey, are we still on for our study night, tonight?" Lana asked me.

"Oh shit, I forgot about it." I shoved my hands further Into my coat pockets as we hit the cold air. "I have plans."

Lana crossed her arms under her breasts pressing tight against her. "What plans? What about tomorrow?"

"Well, let's just say," I began as I spun to face her walking backwards. "If tonight goes good I might just be busy tomorrow, too." A sly smile spread across my lips.

Lana's jaw dropped. "Who is it?"

"Bye," I gave a small wave to them and started to walk off.

I could hear Lana call after me, "Who is it?" and when I didn't reply she yelled louder as the distance grew, "you better tell me later!"

Classes were over for the day so I headed back to my dorm to take a nap and relax and then get ready for the night.

* * * *

The diner was busy. I just barely grabbed a table before the people that walked in after me took it. I was a few minutes early, so I sat down and scrolled through social media, finding most of it boring, but needing some way to pass the time.

"Sorry, I'm late."

I looked up from my phone as Tyler slid into the booth in front of me. I checked the time on my phone. "You're a minute late." I laughed sliding my phone into my purse.

We took some time in silence looking over the menus before ordering.

"So, have you recovered from the awful party, yet?" he asked me as the waiter walked off.