Chapter Eleven

A total of four hours of sleep. That was all I got because Lana wasted time talking about Grayson and Tyler, and then her and Derek, before we ever got to finish studying. We fell asleep shortly after and it wasn't until the morning, when I missed my alarm and had to rush to get ready for class, that I got to skim over my notes for Calculus.

"Someone looks awfully tired this a.m.," Grayson said as I passed by him on my way to my seat.

I turned giving him a look before heading to my chair noticing some girl was sitting in it. "What is this?" I spoke calmly, letting out a sigh as if in defeat.

She looked up at me. "Oh, I'm sorry. Is this your chair?" She frowned. "I can move."

I shook my head. "No, it's okay."

"You can sit here," I heard Grayson call out to me.

I turned around to see the chair directly in front of him empty. Before I had time to look for another empty chair the professor began talking. "Could this be any worse?" I mumbled under my breath as I slumped down in the chair.

"How lucky are we sitting together," he whispered in my ear.

"Not in the mood for your shit today, Grayson," I said flatly, causing the guy beside him to start laughing.

I heard him move in his chair before he started whispering about who knows what to the guy beside him.

Once the hour was up and the test was done I let out a sigh of relief. It wasn't hard, but I was still mad that Grayson didn't tell me about it sooner.

"What's got you in such a bad mood today?" Grayson asked coming up beside me in the hallway.

From the corner of my eye I could see that same guy walking beside him. "I'm tired and you."

"Me? Why me?"

"Because you didn't tell me about the test."

"That's what you get for sleeping," he said almost in a childish voice as if making fun of me. "Tsk, tsk." He tapped the end of my nose.

I swatted his hand away. "Don't touch me."

He pulled his hand back. "Damn, someone's cranky today."

"I'd probably be in a better mood if you kept your nasty fingers out of my face. I don't know where those have been."

"I don't know. You tell me," he said and started rubbing his hands all over my face. He started laughing and part of me wanted to laugh as well, but I didn't want him to know that.

I tried, against his will, to pull his hands off me. "Stop, you're so gross!"

His hands fell to his sides as we stepped outside. I picked up my pace and he called after me, "where are you going?"

"Away from you, and to take a nap," I yelled back and paused before yelling again, "and possibly a shower."

Getting away from Grayson happened, a shower happened, but a nap did not happen. I have no idea what our neighbors were doing but it sounded like they must have been putting some type of furniture together; with the electric drill, a banging of some sort, and the constant cuss word in frustration. I was glad when they finished. It only took them roughly two hours, but I was glad.

But now I was passed the point of being tired enough to sleep. I had a growing headache and I was starving.

I popped an Advil in hopes to kick this headache before it got worse, and then headed for the small closet to change into something warmer than my booty shorts and crop top. The last time I ran out in shorts and a t-shirt I was freezing, but the anger I felt towards my mother didn't make it seem so cold outside, this time though was different.