Chapter Seventeen

It was Friday and my classes were done for the week. I was in the dorm finishing up work from the week so I had the whole weekend free from it, while also waiting on Lana.

She was with Derek and they were talking things out. Thankfully. Not that I wasn't happy to spend time with Lana but I saw her every second of everyday the past few days, except for when we had class.

I had just finished the last question of some worksheet a professor had given us when the door swung open and Lana came bouncing in.

"I'm guessing things went good," I said as I watched her dance around the room.

"Great!" She ran to the closet and grabbed out a bag and started to throw clothes into it. "I'm staying the weekend over with him."

"That's cool." I watched her hastily throw things into the bag.

"Yeah and I have a huge favor to ask you."

"Go for it."

She was headed for the bathroom. "Can Grayson stay here with you?"

"Hold it," I yelled and she came to a screeching stop, but she didn't turn around to look at me.

"Yes?" Her voice was shaky.

"I know I did not just hear you correctly."

She started to spin around so slow like she was second guessing herself. "You know Derek and Grayson are roommates."

"Yeah," I said. Did I know that? Maybe. I feel like it did come up in conversation once before.

"Well, it would kind of ruin the mood with Grayson there."

I was just about to say something but the door flew open and Grayson jumped inside clutching a bag. "Roomies, again!"

"Oh, hell no." I jumped off my bed. "Lana!"

"Oh c'mon," she pleaded. "It's just the weekend, El."

I turned to Grayson. "Don't you have friends?"

"Besides you?" He tossed his bag to the side. "Only two that I would be willing to stay with. One kicked me out, and the other has Stacie stuck up his ass."

"Oh great. You can go join and all be stuck up each others asses."

His face scrunched up. "No thanks."

"Lana!"

She finished packing her bag and stood in front of the door. "For your best friend?" She gave me puppy dog eyes before sliding out the door.

I ran to the door and shouted down the hall, "you've reached your limit with the best friend card!" Then I slammed the door shut.

"So, what should we do?" Grayson said, and I turned around just in time to see him jump onto my bed and lay out with his fingers clasped behind his head.

"I can't believe this," I mumbled.

"I heard that."

"Good." I sat on the couch with my arms crossed staring at the blank television screen. "If I have to spend three nights with you we're setting some rules."

"Okay."

I stood up and walked towards him. "First of all, that's my bed."

"We can share." He wiggled his brows.

"No."

He threw his hands in the air. "Oh c'mon. The couch sucks and you can't expect me to sleep on Lana's bed."