Chapter Thirty Eight

Waking up next to Grayson has happened before, but this time our naked bodies were pressed against each other as he held me in his arms. I could feel his chest rise and fall against my back and his soft breathing almost tickling my neck.

I didn't want to move from this position but I had to when there was a knock on the front door. Grayson stirred a little before asking in a deep hoarse voice, "What's that?"

"It's someone knocking on the door," I said.

"Who would be knocking on the door at this time?" he asked.

I shifted to get a better look at him. "My brother."

His eyes shot open and he jumped to a sitting position. "Your brother?" He leapt to his feet and began putting his clothes back on in a hurry. "Get dressed!" he said.

I laughed and got out of bed, putting my clothes on. "Relax. You act like he's going to come barging in here and see us naked."

We walked out into the main area of the apartment and I headed for the door, stealing one quick glance back at Grayson who watched me with a nervous stare.

Within seconds of swinging the door open Aaron came barging in and wrapped me in a hug. "Ellie! It's been way too long!"

"I know it has. I've missed you!"

He set me back down. "I've missed you, too," he said before looking passed me, "and who is this?"

"This is Grayson." I motioned between the two. "Grayson, Aaron."

"It's nice to meet you," Grayson said.

Aaron walked over to him. They were roughly the same height, but Aaron had a much bigger build than Grayson. "So, you're the guy who's just friends with my sister."

"Well actually-" Grayson began but I butted in.

"Aaron stop," I said standing beside them as they faced one another.

"What?" he asked as he moved to the couch and sat down. "I just want to get to know your friend."

"Well, he has to go to work. You two can get to know each other later."

Grayson pulled his phone out of his back pocket looking down at it. "Yeah, I do. I don't want to be late."

I watched him leave, wondering if Aaron wasn't there if he would have kissed me goodbye. I mean, it's not like we've made things official or anything so he would have no reason to.

"Want to lie to me again?" He asked pulling me from my thoughts.

"Huh?"

"You two are not just friends."

I shifted my position on the couch to face him more. "Why would you say that?"

"I'm not stupid, Ellie. Anyone with eyes could see there's something between you two."

"Him and I is all so new. We just recently told each other we have feelings for each other."

"That may be so but I was with you two for all of five minutes and could tell these feelings aren't new. They just haven't been explored."

I shook my head. "I am not talking about this with you."

"Look, I don't want to get into all of that with you, that's more of a you and Lana conversation," he began while getting up and grabbing his bag, "but that's not even what I meant. There are deeper feelings there than just lust that you two have been holding back from."

"What are you trying to say?"

"Stop holding back, Ellie. Let yourself be happy. Let yourself fall in love with someone who loves you."

"Loves me?"

His head tilted to the side and his brows raised. "If I could figure that out in five minutes and you haven't in all these months then open your eyes."

He headed for my bedroom. "Where are you going?"

"I don't want to sleep on the couch and I'm definitely not sleeping with your boyfriend."

"Oh, so now you don't care if I sleep in the same bed with a guy?"

He held the door open. "You're an adult now. I can't stop you." He swung the door and let it latch closed.

Aaron stayed in my room just long enough to change clothes before he headed out. He wasn't too familiar with the town but he wanted to roam around and check it out before going see Lana and meet Derek. I was invited but I wasn't feeling up to going, besides, him and Lana knew each other so well they referred to themselves as siblings, so I knew everything would be fine. I gave him my key to get in since they planned on hanging out kind of late.

I lounged around doing not much of anything. Before I knew it, it was six in the evening. I made a quick supper, just a bowl of heated up soup from a can. It wasn't the most amazing thing but it would do since I didn't feel like cooking an actual meal.

After that I jumped into the shower and then grabbed a book from my room, crawling into Grayson's bed. It had been a while since I read a good book, but tonight seemed like the perfect time. I was wearing one of Grayson's shirts and nothing else, sitting up in bed snuggled up in the pillows.

I was engulfed in the book, turning pages as quick as I could to continue the story, not realizing just how many hot and heavy scenes the book had, but not able to tear my eyes from it.

"Interesting story?" he asked.

I screamed, the book flying out of my hands and onto the floor. I turned to my side. "Don't ever do that again. How did you get in without me hearing you?"

Grayson laughed and sat on the side of the bed turned towards me. "Well, I guess that book was so good you tuned out the world around you." He looked me over. "You look sexy in my shirt."

"You should see what I'm wearing underneath it."

"What?" he asked. When I didn't say anything, he lifted the shirt." He lifted his head slightly and looked at me. "Damn."

His light touch tickled my thigh as his hand slid under the shirt.

I grabbed his arm. "What are you doing?"

His fingers grazed me. "Are you turned on right now or are you just always this wet?"

My grip on his arm tightened as he rubbed me. I laid back enjoying every touch and feeling that raced through me before grabbing at his pants.

He chuckled. "Calm down there."

"Take them off."

"Yes ma'am," he said as he unbuttoned them and slid them off, then pulled his shirt up over his head letting it fall to the floor. "What is it you want?"

"You inside of me."

* * * * * *

I'm so sorry for the very long wait! I hope you enjoy this chapter!