Chapter Three

It was freezing out but I had to go out in it anyway for a class. You would think they wouldn't hold classes when it was so cold, making us go out in the frigid weather chancing us getting sick. Shouldn't there be a law against it or something?

I headed into the small coffee shop and opted on a hot chocolate this time. I wanted something warm, and my taste buds were craving sweet. Then I made my way to the building for my noon class.

Leaned against the building was some girl taking in every word that flew from Grayson's lips to her ears. I rolled my eyes and turned my head slightly hoping he wouldn't notice me.

"Are you trying to avoid me?" he asked coming up beside me.

"If I said yes would you go away?"

"No."

"I would ask what you're doing just hanging out here in the cold, but I assume it doesn't bother you," I told him.

"Oh, because of my cold heart?" He opened the door allowing me to enter.

Just when I thought that would be the end of it there he was walking beside me once again. "Are you following me?" I asked him.

"Don't flatter yourself, babe," he said opening a classroom door.

"Don't call me that."

He walked in and I let the door shut, then realization hit me. It was the classroom I needed to be in, too. I swung open the door. He was sitting in the back row and looked up when he noticed me standing there. "Following me, now?" He smirked.

"How is it possible that you're in this class, too, and I've never noticed before."

"Maybe you need to get your eyes checked. They don't seem to be drawn to the good things."

"Maybe that just means we have differing opinions of what's good," I told him before heading a few rows down to my normal seat.

I could feel his stare on me but I didn't look back. I didn't want to give him the satisfaction of thinking he's good enough to have another glance at. Instead I focused on the lecture.

When class ended I made my way out of the room following slowly behind the others taking their time out the door. I didn't think I would have to worry about seeing Grayson again, but there he was leaned against the wall, and when he saw me he came walking towards me as if he had been waiting for me.

"What do you want, now?" I asked him.

"I just thought you might like a gentleman to walk you back to your dorm."

"That would be nice." I pulled my purse handle back on my shoulder as it slid down. "When you find one let me know."

"What do you have against me, Ellie?"

"I'm surprised you remember my name, what with all the girls you talk to."

"Is that what this is?" He stepped in front of me stopping me. "Are you jealous?" One side of his mouth curved up into a cocky little smile.

I rolled my eyes. "Now look who's flattering themselves." I stepped around him and continued walking.

The rest of the walk was quiet yet he still tagged along. "Well, thanks for the company," I said pushing open the door to my building. "But next time an actual gentleman would be nice."

The corners of his mouth turned up slightly as if he found my words funny, yet his eyes bore into mine as though he was drawn to me.

* * *