Chapter Thirty-Two

It was, finally, job hunting and move in day. I didn't get much sleep before waking up at eight in the morning, but what little sleep I got would have to do.

We spent the first bit of the morning at the dorms packing up what Grayson had, which honestly wasn't much. I wasn't sure how he even survived with what little he had.

After finishing with his stuff, we went and picked up my stuff from Lana's dorm, and then left to go job hunting while the guys brought the stuff over to the apartment. We left the guys to stay and wait for the delivery of a new mattress. No way was I going to sleep on the mattress that was already on the bed, because ew. We had also ordered a lot of necessary things for the apartment, such as kitchen items and things like that, so he would be there when those packages arrived.

Lana and I were headed around town trying to find places to stop at and see if they were hiring. Surprisingly a lot of places were not hiring, which made this whole ordeal a lot harder. We did notice the gym right by the college was hiring, but I knew that wasn't the place for me. Even if I was in need of a job that wasn't it. I knew nothing about fitness and pretty sure anyone I helped would walk out looking worse than when they came in.

After awhile of driving and walking around we noticed a now hiring sign in the window of a clothing store. I'm not exactly into fashion. I mean, I like clothes, but if someone were to ask me to style them for some special occasion or something, I might not do too well at that. I decided to give it a try and apply anyway.

It didn't take long from walking into the door and asking for an application that they said I was hired, not even having to fill out an application. I thought that was a little weird, but considering only one person was working I assumed she was in desperate need of some help.

Of course, it wouldn't have been my first choice in a job, but after having a talk with the owner, who I knew now was Susan, I realized I would only be stocking and checking people out at the register, so it didn't seem like too hard of a job, or something I couldn't handle.

"I can't believe you found a job so fast," Lana told me as she sipped on her coffee in the passenger seat.

I stole a quick glance, brows raised, at her just before she blurted, "not that I doubted you could or anything, it's just I didn't think it would be that quick. I mean, no application or anything."

"I understood what you meant, Lana," I said as I kept my eyes on the road in front of us.

We were headed back to the apartment after making a stop at the store to pick up some groceries. We were taking our time hoping that by the time we arrived everything would be done, including the packages now empty.

No such luck though. When we walked into the apartment, I almost tripped over one of the boxes setting in front of the door. "You could have at least moved it out of the way," I told Grayson and Derek who were sitting on the couch playing some game.

They both glanced over at us before putting their attention back on the screen and not uttering a word, at least not to us. They were bad mouthing each other, but I guess that's just how videogaming goes.

I put my purse and half empty coffee on the island and leaned against it taking in the apartment. It felt nice to have a place to call my own, even though as of this moment you could really call it Grayson's. He was the one paying most of the rent.

That would all change though, when I started my new job. I still wouldn't be able to afford much since I needed to pay for college, as well but Grayson was understanding of my situation and didn't seem to mind.

"That's so much stuff," Lana said, and I turned to follow her gaze as my eyes landed on all the packages that arrived in the mail.

"I know, I'll be up all night doing that." I knew how tiring it would be but I was excited to get everything out of the boxes and put things up. Once everything was in its place it would really feel like home.