Chapter Ten

I skipped class and I'd been laying in bed all morning. Lana was supposed to be coming over with lunch and my stomach wasn't being patient. Okay, maybe my whole self wasn't being patient, but that's beside the point.

There was a knock on the door and I jumped up running over. "Why are you knocking?" I asked as I swung the door open excited to see food, but my face fell. "What are you doing here?"

"Nice to see you, too, babe," Grayson said stepping into the room without even being invited in. "I'm upset with you, Eleanor."

"I thought you were Lana with the pizza." I sat on the couch and looked up at him. "And don't call me that."

'What? Babe or Eleanor?"

"Both." I laid back with my head on the arm of the couch and my feet laid straight across it. "Now, why are you upset with me?"

He grabbed my ankles lifting my legs up, then sitting down and putting my feet in his lap. "Because you went to Tyler to let out your frustrations with some angry sex. You could have called me. I am your boyfriend, after all."

I kicked the inside of his thigh and he grabbed my foot quickly. "Woah, watch it."

"Believe me, if I was aiming for it I would have hit it."

"What's up with you, two anyway?

"What do you mean?"

"Well, last I checked a one night stand consists of only one night."

I shrugged. "I guess it was a two night stand."

"That's not a thing."

"Well, it should be."

"So, what? If you two hook up again should we just call it a three night stand, then?"

I reached my leg back ready to kick him again, but he grabbed me before I could do anything.

"No," he said holding his grip around my ankle. "I know you're aiming this time."

A small grin spread across my lips, one to let him know he was right. I was aiming.

"So, what's got you so mad?" He was focused on me completely waiting for me to speak.

"Because my mom doesn't give a shit about me. I think my dad might, kind of, but my mom only cares about herself. She wants me to get back together with Jared because his parents have some business and my mom wants us together and married so they can merge." I rolled my eyes, something I felt I was always doing, but I guess people and events in my life just called for it. "Or something like that. Honestly, I don't know the details because I don't care to and when she talks about it I zone out. But I know the two businesses together would be something huge, but I'm not going to be unhappy the rest of my life so that she can be happy." I didn't notice until I stopped talking that he was rubbing circles with his thumb across my ankle.

"I take it that relationship didn't go too well, then?"

"No, and I don't want to talk about it, either."

"Okay, so should we talk about me being a delinquent or the placement of this tattoo you have?"

I laughed. "Just ignore whatever my mother says. You're not a delinquent, she's just dumb. As for the tattoo, we're not talking about that either."

Just then the door opened ending our conversation. "I've got the pizz," Lana paused, "a." She was staring between the two of us and down at my legs and his hands.

I pulled my legs away from him and sat up as her and Derek walked inside. "Finally." I grabbed a box from her and opened it up diving right in.

"A whole box? Are you pregnant or something?" she questioned me.