Chapter 38: Chaos

Third Person

Class 2-A chats loudly in the classroom as they wait for their teacher. Izuku is the only one not talking, too wrapped up in his thoughts about Akuma.

Although his conversation with Aizawa had happened almost a month ago, he was still worried about the prospect of Akuma's attack. The murders had completely stopped as well, which made things even stranger.

"Deku-kun?" Ochaco pulls him back to reality.

"Yes?" he replies, turning to look at his friends.

"Are you alright?" Denki asks.

He smiles, "I'm fine, just thinking."

"Is it about my father ?" Shoto says.

"Kind of," Izuku replies thoughtfully.

A few days ago, they found out that Enji had escaped from prison. It obviously has something to do with Akuma (at least Izuku thinks so) but he doesn't know the reason behind it.

"Don't worry about him. I'm sure they'll find the bastard and lock him up again." Bakugo exclaims confidently.

The others nod in agreement but Izuku stays silent, unsure.

"Bakugo is right, the pros will take care of him." Iida chimes in with his vigorous hand chops.

Izuku smiles and soon finds himself talking about random things.

As the teens chat, they are unaware of the dangers lurking just beyond the school gates.

Tomura grins as he looks at the crates full of items.

"All of these?" he asks, somewhat surprised at the generosity.

Akuma chuckles, "Of course, I'm sure your men will have fun with them tomorrow. Oh and one more thing!"

The black-haired teen hands Tomura a small box with a card taped to the top of it.

"What's this?" Shigaraki asks with a slight frown.

"Read the card," he states before leaving.

Tomura pulls the card away from the box and reads it, a wicked grin growing wider and wider with each word.

The next day comes as every day does. People wake up and go to work doing things as they would every day.

As Akuma looks down at the busy city, he can't help the smile that stretches across his lips.

'Soon.' he promises himself.

Izuku is also roaming the streets, using the day off to relax. Although he feels that something is wrong he ignores it, wanting to enjoy the day.

As he walks past a shop, TVs start to go haywire. Phones also turn to static, until a face comes into focus.

"Hello? Hello? Can you hear me?" Akuma shouts to the people as his face appears on all the screens in the city.

He waves to the camera, "Hello to everyone in the Shizuoka Prefecture! I'm sure you don't know me but I am the wonderful and handsome Akuma! It's a pleasure to meet you all."

He bows and grins at the camera.

"What is he doing there?!" Izuku exclaims.

"Anyway, I'm sure you're all wondering what's going on. Well to answer your question," Akuma puts his hands out as if revealing something.