Chapter 1: Ghosts or Villains

"-for today you all will be picking your hero names." A familiar voice rings in my ears.

I ignore it. Letting myself float in the black depths. I feel at peace.

"Will someone wake Midoriya up?" the voice says with a sigh.

"Deku!" I feel a shake, as another recognizable voice says. "Come one nerd get up!"

I frown. Why do they seem so familiar...

"Deku!" someone shouts.

My eyes snap open as my body tenses. I prepare myself for a fight. But as I look around I don't see villains. I see faces. All too familiar faces. The blood drains from my body leaving me as white as a sheet.

'No...It can't be...'

"Deku?" Kaachan looks at me with a deep frown on his face.

I stare at him.

'No'

"The fuck! What are you staring at fucking Duku!?" He shouts as mini-explosions erupt in his hands.

My eyes widen as despair fills my chest. I know what's happening. My expression goes blank then hardens into one of anger. Fury and sorrow fill my chest but I don't let it show.

"So this is how you want to play it." I speak my voice slow but full of anger, "I'm not going to be tricked twice!"

"Izuku?" Ochaco, no...an imposter asks.

"Don't you dare call me that! You son of a bitch!" I yell at the fake Ochaco.

The bastard has the audacity to look confused and shocked at my use of language. The villain pretending to be Aizawa-sensei steps forward.

"Did he just-" someone starts to say.

"Stop pretending or I will gut you," I interrupt trying to stay calm.

The villains all look perplexed and slightly afraid but I ignore the looks. I scowl and dash forward, deciding to take out the "teacher" first. 'Aizawa' responds by pulling off his scarf, aiming at me. I doge easily and flip over him, just behind him. I attempt to swipe his legs from beneath the villain. He manages to move out of the way. I growl in annoyance.

"Izuku Midoriya stop this at once or you will be expelled!" he snarls looking perplexed and angry.

I ignore their words.

' How dare they wear my friend's faces!'

"Yeah! What the hell Deku!" the fake Kachan yells.

"Midoriya I don't know what's gotten into you but stop please!" The class president, 'Iida' yells.

"I will stop once you imposters are dead!" I hiss.

I grab a pencil from the nearest desk and use a hardening quirk on it to make it as sharp as a knife. I throw it at the 'Aizawa' hoping to hurt him at least. Unfortunately, he blocks it with his capture gear. The rest of the class starts to yell for me to stop but I ignore them focusing on my prey. I nab another writing device knowing that I won't have a chance of escaping without a hostage. I grab the nearest 'student', which happens to be 'Momo' pushing the pencil against the artery in her neck.

"You let me go villains or I will kill her," I say, pushing the led into her skin until a drop of blood drips from her neck.

"Villains?! We aren't villains!" 'Momo' franticly exclaims.

"Liar!"

"No, we aren't man. Momo's right! please listen to us!" 'Kirishima' says with pleading eyes.

I stare at the class.

'They're lying' that voice says.

'But what if they aren't'

'They're just trying to trick you. Don't fall for it.'

"Prove it! Tell me something only you would know!" I state.

"What?!" The class yells.

"Do it or I'll kill her!"

The room falls silent for a second.

"Tick-tock," I growl.

'Momo' gasps as I start to impale her.

"Fucking fine!" 'Bakugo' snarls, "When we were 5 you gave me a crappy Almght diary and for your birthday I got you a matching one so we'd have a fucking set! Does that make you happy bastard!?"

I stare at him. It is something only he would know. He was so embarrassed that he never told anyone I know that for a fact. Even years later when we graduated UA. The only time he mentioned it was when-I push the thought from my head not wanting to think about that time.

"Kachan?" My voice wavers slightly as I look at him.

'What if it isn't him?'

"Does that prove it fucking Deku!?" He yells moving closer to me.

A tear slides down my cheek as his words hit me. This is the Kachan I know. It can't be anyone else. I look around the room. Seeing faces from, what feels like thousands of years ago.

'They're alive!'

"Is it really you?" A sob rips itself from my throat as I drop the pencil and let go of Momo.

'They're alive!'

"Stupid nerd of course it is!" he replies standing in front of me. "Now why don't you fu-

Before he can finish, I throw myself at Katsuki sobbing in his chest.

"I'm sorry!" I cry clutching on to him as best as I can. Afraid he'll leave me again.

Third Person

The class watches as Deku drops the weapon and launches himself at Bakugo. His shoulders shake with sobs as he apologizes over and over. The students and teacher watch in confusion. Kachan stands awkwardly not knowing what to do.

"Let's take him to the nurse, maybe she'll find out what's wrong," Aizawa states, frowning at the problem child.

Katsuki tries to extricate himself from the greenete's hold but he just grabs on tighter.

"Please don't go again." Izuku pleads his voice, sounding so broken that it shocks the class.

One minute he was threatening to kill a classmate, the next he's sobbing into Bakugo's clothes. Katsuki stops his attempts wondering, along with everyone else, what the hell is going on.