Chapter 8: Not a Good Day

Villain Ranks:

SS-Villains who are extremely deadly, have slaughtered multiple people, and have extremely deadly quirks. These criminals are either kill or imprison, whichever is possible. Would take an army of heroes to kill/arrest. (ie. All for One)

S- These Villains are just slightly less powerful than SS villains. They are deadly, have murdered many people, and have dangerous quirks. These criminals are either incapacitate or imprison, whichever is easiest. Would take several heroes to disable/arrest. (ie. Moonfish)

A- Villains who are dangerous, have murdered some people, and hazardous quirks. These criminals are solely to be imprisoned. Would take several heroes to arrest. (ie. Toga)

B- Villains who can be threatening, have killed a couple of people. These criminals are solely to be imprisoned. Would take only a few heroes to arrest. (ie. Grian)

C- Villains who are slightly threatening, commit small crimes and whose quirks can deal no permanent damage. These criminals are solely to be imprisoned. Would take one or two heroes to arrest. (ie. a bank robber)

D- Villains who are merely petty thieves and whose quirks can deal no permanent damage. These criminals are solely to be imprisoned. Would take, maybe, one hero to arrest. (ie. a pick-pocketer)

Third Person

Aizawa was having a bad day.

It started off like any other day. He was tailing a well-known C-rank villain in the red light district. The criminal, Gold Digger, was known for robbing banks and stores using her quirk. Her power, Pick, allows her the ability to open any lock as long as she knows it's components. She had quickly risen through the ranks, wreaking havoc on small-time business and banks. Eraserhead managed to find her hideout and corner her. Unfortunately, he hadn't accounted for the fact that Gold Digger had joined forces with a group of other C-rank villains. After a small scuffle (in which he narrowly avoided bullets and knives being hurled at him) the culprits escaped.

To say Aizawa was annoyed would be an understatement. He had been trying to find Gold Digger's whereabouts for many months and as soon as he cornered her, she got away. It didn't help that he wasn't even able to arrest her accomplices.

Shota really should have known then that today wouldn't be good but he ignored the foreboding feelings.

So after his failed attempt, Eraserhead went home. As usual, he was greeted by his cats who instantly made him feel better. After feeding them, he took a small nap. He wanted a few hours of sleep before he had to teach. A few hours later he was woken up, but not by his alarm. Fluffy (a very unoriginal name for a cat Aizawa knew) had decided to use the hero as a climbing post, effectively rousing Shota from his sleep. After making his breakfast, and having about 10 cups of coffee, Aizawa made his way to UA.

He arrived slightly late and started homeroom. Things were going exactly like it always did. That was until Aizawa noticed one of his best students had fallen asleep. Frankly, Shota was surprised since Izuku never slept in class but he guessed the boy had a late night.

And so, like a responsible Sensei, he asked someone to wake Midoriya up. Bakugo, after a few unsuccessful attempts, managed to shake the boy awake. Almost immediately, things went south.

Within minutes, Aizawa found himself trying to convince Midoriya that he was not a villain. Thankfully, things turned out well and he went with Bakugo, who was carrying an unconscious student, to the infirmary.

Katsuki was made to leave by Aizawa and Recovery Girl. The greenette soon awoke and explained about a villain who used his quirk on him. Eraserhead was instantly suspicious. The story was far too detailed. He could tell his student was lying but trying to hide it. Midorya's lie worried Aizawa (though he'd never admit it) since the boy had always been an open book. However, at that time, the underground hero could hardly read Izuku.

Thus Shota did what he did best, he investigated. After talking to Midorya's friends, he had proof that the hero in training was deceiving him. Aizawa took the results to Nezu and decided to talk to Midoriya directly.

It turned into a disaster.

Not only was Shota's secret love revealed, but he found out that his student wasn't his student at all. Rather, Izuku was a man stuck in his past body. The poor boy had seen horrors no person should see. Even though Izuku didn't directly say that Aizawa could tell by the haunted look in his eyes when the greenette talked about a war. The boy left soon after his panic attack, telling the staff his wishes to be left alone.

The room was quiet after Midorya's exit. Aizawa was even more bothered than before, because of Izuku's last words, though he said them very quietly.

"You may be heroes but it doesn't mean you can save me."

His declaration made Eraserhead uneasy, more than he wanted to confess. The underground hero sighed and leaned back into his chair.

He really should have realized from the beginning, that today wasn't going to be a good day.