Chapter 13: The Todoroki's

Hello everyone!

This chapter contains some abuse so if you're uncomfortable  just skip until you see another set of, ***.

-N0vu5

I jump from building to building, allowing my mind to wander as I near my destination. I'm going to a hideout that should be popular for Villains. Since I have no idea where Touya is I'm going to have to gather info from other criminals.

I can't help but feel glad I blackmailed that guy into making my costume. My suit consists of a skin-tight black shirt and pants. I also have a black robe with a hood and compartments for weapons. On my waist is a black belt with medical supplies and other gadgets. The material is thin but extremely durable and fireproof. My mask is the only thing that isn't black. I went for simplicity and got a completely white mask with holes for my eyes. It also has a voice modulator and, if I ever get caught, the mask can't be taken off unless I input a code.

I land on top of the warehouse debating on what quirk to use. I quickly decide on Shadow, which is a quirk that allows me to blend into and control shadows. The drawback is that if I use it for too long, I can get trapped in shadows or lose control of them. Still, it's pretty useful in situations like this.

I look down, watching people enter and trying to find which shadow to latch on to. I finally pick the villain Gold Digger. I use the building's shadows to travel to Gold Digger's before latching on to her's.

I settle into her silhouette and feel her enter the building. I use an enhancing quirk to strengthen my hearing. The sounds overwhelm me at first, but I quickly get used to them. I search through the endless chatter to look for any information about the black-haired Todoroki.

As I sift through conversations, I make sure to store the interesting ones away to examine at a later date.

Then I hear someone say something about a person with blue fire. The voice sounds familiar but I put the thought away, focusing instead on getting closer.

"Yeah, I heard about him. What's his name, Denki?"

"Dabi." The other villain corrects, "What do you think about him?"

"He's ok I guess. Why?"

"I'm thinking about hiring him for a job."

My eyes widen as I recognize the voice.

'Grian! But why is he here?'

"What kind of job?"

"The LOV needs more members."

"You're still working with them? I thought you quit ages ago Grian?"

"I was going to," The man begins, "but they offered me more money so..."

The other person laughs in understanding, "Of course they did. I guess he'd be a good addition."

"The only problem I have is locating him," Grian says with a sigh.

"He might come here."

"I hope, I really don't want to go out looking."

I curse mentally, I thought someone knew his whereabouts but it seems like I was wrong. I stay for a few more hours gathering any intel I can get.

At about 2 in the morning, I go back home.

'I'll just have to keep coming until Dabi shows up.'

I enter through my window and remove my suit. After taking a quick shower, I lay down. I stare at the ceiling and sigh deeply. It seems I'll have trouble sleeping tonight.

***

Third Person

Thump!

Shoto falls, his body bruised and burned from 'training'.

"Get back up!" his father yells in anger, "You're so WEAK!"

Shoto forces himself to stand. Even though he wants nothing more than to curl in a ball, he knows that would only make things worse. Besides, he can stand this much.

"Better." Endeavor grumbles out, looking at his masterpiece.

Without warning, Enji swings his arm. Shoto tries to dodge, he really tries, but he fails, falling on the floor again. His father has been 'training' him since the start of the internships. Since he's spent an entire week alone with the older man, he'd been beaten much more often.

'It's just training.' Shoto corrects himself.

"You are such a disappointment! You can't even take a single hit! You're weak!" His father yells, punctuating each word with a kick.

Shoto bites his lip to stop himself from making any sounds. Whimpering would only make things worse.

"You are NOTHING!"

Instead of kicking, Enji reaches down and grabs a handful of Shoto's hair.

"You need to be punished."

Shoto can't help but flinch, he knows what's coming. Endeavor places his hand on Shoto's upper arm and activates his quirk. This time the young boy can't stop the sounds that leave his mouth. He whimpers in pain, trying desperately to get out of his father's grasp.

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" he pleads, letting out screams of pain.

Enji only moves his hand to another part of the boy's body. The smell of burning flesh and the sounds of Shoto begging fills the room. After a few more hours of pure torture, Endeavor finally finishes by throwing his youngest child to the floor and leaving.

Shoto curls into a ball, whimpering at the pain that fills his whole body. He musters up all the energy he has left and, literally, drags himself to his room. He crawls into the shower and manages to turn it on.

***

The highschooler screams as the water hits his wounds. Hours later, after cleaning himself up, Shoto stands in front of the mirror. He looks at his body that is riddled with bruises and scars.

'Father is right, I am nothing, I'm useless. I can't do anything right.'

Shoto clenches his fist as more thoughts flood his mind. Tears begin to fall from his eyes and he falls to the floor.

'Why can't I do anything right?'