Chapter 3: Hero Names

Thankfully, Recovery Girl doesn't keep me for long. She gives me a general check-up, then writes down my statement, and sends me back to class.

"Besides your arms, you're in perfect health." She says by way of dismissal.

Thanking her, I run to class not wanting to miss out on anything.

As I skid to a halt in front of the 1-A doors I hear loud chatter from inside. I look up at the large door as memories wash over me. A soft smile appears on my face thinking about the good times. The days where we were all just UA students trying to make it big. My smile fades as I remember the days of the war. I recall the last time I stepped foot in this building. It was dilapidated, empty, reduced to nothing but rubble and concrete.

I let out a deep sigh deciding to focus on the now.

'I have a chance to save them, to save everyone. I can't afford to get consumed by the past...At least not now.'

I open the door and a few heads turn to me.

"Deku!" Ochaco waves smiling.

"Um...hi," I mumble back looking down.

I have to play my part convincingly.

"Hey Mydoria," Momo speaks.

I glance up and make myself pale.

"I'm really sorry about earlier!" I state bowing low, "I had-"

"It's alright, Aizawa-Sensei explained everything," She says cutting me off.

"Oh,"

She smiles kindly, "Besides I knew you would never do anything like that."

'If only she knew the things I've done...'

"I see. Still, I'm really sorry!"

"I already told you it's fine," Momo says, waving away my worries.

"Now that you're here, we can begin." Aizawa's voice cuts through the chatter.

Everyone moves quickly to take their seats as Sensei begins. I tune him out mostly. Trying to come up with a plan. There are several things I need to do. First, and foremost would be to figure out how many quirks stayed with me from time travel. Then I need to find a way to stop the future from happening.

Slam!

"-you'll have hell to pay later!"

I look up as Midnight, dramatically, enters. I make myself look like everyone else, surprised and excited. She passes out whiteboards and tells us to put our hero names on it.

I stare at the blank board, tapping the marker absentmindedly on the desk. Of course, I could pick Deku again, but I feel the name doesn't fit anymore. Later on, in my career, my name changed anyway. But that was more because of the events going on rather than my choice. I bite my lip continuing the taping of my marker.

'What to choose...'

'I need something that fits with both my past self and me now. I need something personal but not too noticeable. Something that younger me would have chosen...'

I start thinking of my quirks. Combining names and mixing them up to make a name.

'Vitality? No too generic. Phantom? No, that sounds like a villain. Requiem? No that doesn't work either...'

As I run a list of my quirks again an idea pops into my head.

'Wait! That's it!'

I quickly scribble the name on my board as I hear Midnight speak,

"Midoriya you're up!"

I head up to the front. clutching the board and running through scenarios in my mind. I have to make sure the name is perfect.

I look up into the eyes of my classmates as they eagerly await my name.

"Um...I kinda had trouble with my name, but I decided to go with," I flip my board to face the class, "The Power Hero: Vigor!"

They start to applaud and my face turns slightly pink.

"Sounds so manly Izuku!" Kirishima exclaims.

I smile, still blushing a bit.

"Thanks!"

After they finished with hero names, Aizawa and Midnight began to explain internships. They hand out papers with the hero agencies on them. Then they dismiss the class and we break for lunch.

I dimly listen to the rest of my classmates talk about their internships.

"Deku-Kun have you decided already?" Uraraka asks.

Her voice snaps me out of my thoughts.

"Um...not really," I admit.

"Seriously? I thought you would be the first one to choose out of all of us Midoriya-chan." Tsu says with a slight tilt to the head.

"Well there are only a few and I don't want to offend anyone and so..." I reply trailing off.

They nod in understanding

"What about you guys?" I ask.

"Actually I've already decided!"

"Really?!" Ashido says in surprise.

"Where?" Ojiro says curiously.

"Battle Hero: Gunhead's agency!" Uraraka answers excitedly.

The others look at her in slight confusion.

"I thought you would pick a rescue agency." Ashido states.

Uraraka begins to passionately explain her reasonings while I nod along to whatever she's saying, not really paying attention.

Internships are important, I know that for a fact. But choosing someone will be hard for me. Last time I picked Gran Torino since All Might requested it. No doubt he'll ask the same of me this time. But if I pick Torino I'll have a problem. I already know how to do everything he's taught me. If I try to pretend I don't Gran Torino and All Might will no doubt pick up on it. They are extremely observant, and no matter how long I've lied for, they will realize something's up. I let out a small sigh in frustration.

"What's wrong Midoriya?" Ojiro asks.

"Just thinking,"