Chapter 11: Apologies

I sigh and pull my hand back from Iida. Although I never wanted to alter their memories, I know it was necessary. I can't have people finding out about the other 'me', or as I like to call him, Akuma. He was created partly as a coping mechanism and partly because of a quirk that I gained. I've had him with me for years but I rarely let him out. When he takes over it's usually in life-threatening situations.

I look down at my body. I have a few bruises and my self-inflicted wound. I have to make things look convincing. I know I'm going to be questioned by police but I hope it won't be Naomasa. I don't think I could completely fool his quirk.

I glance at the stump where Stain's arm used to be. I may not like the man but I didn't want things to turn out like this. I inwardly curse Akuma.

' It is what you wanted, you're just too scared to admit it. '

I ignore him and check Stain's binds, making sure they're tight enough.

"What happened?"

My head whips around to face Native, the pro hero. I had completely forgotten he was there. He struggles to stand gripping his head and blinking rapidly.

"Um...Hi," I say, awkwardly.

"A kid?" He mumbles, then he looks at Stain, "What! How?"

"I'm not sure," I reply.

He looks at me, wanting to ask more questions but seeing the various wounds on my body he asks, "Are you alright?"

"I'm fine."

"Midoriya!" A new voice interrupts our conversation.

Todoroki enters the ally, along with his father and Torino. I fight to restrain a snarl as I see Endeavor. I absolutely despise the man.

"Are you alright?" Todoroki's eyes show concern as he gets closer.

"I'm fine Todoroki-Kun, just a few bruises."

Endeavor glances at the restrained villain, "Is that Stain?"

"Yes, it is." Native speaks.

"I'm guessing you took him down?" Torino asks the pro.

Native shakes his head, "I only just regained consciousness."

"Then who...?" Todoroki trails off looking at Iida then me.

"I don't know," I say with a slight wince as I walk forward.

My entire body is sore, most likely from overusing quirks and Akuma.

"You don't know?" The flame hero asks.

I shrug, "Someone came, just showed up out of the blue, and defeated him."

Endeavor opens his mouth to question me more, but Torino cuts him off, "We can get the full story later, right now I think we should focus on bringing him into custody."

The no. 2 hero begrudgingly agrees and grabs Stain. Native carries Iida since he is still out cold.

As he passes me, Gran Torino whispers, "I want a full explanation later."

I nod in response.

**Time Skip**

Beside me, Iida stirs in his bed. I glance at him.

"W-what happened?" He asks looking at me.

"Glad to see you're awake," I say.

"Midoriya? Where's Stain?"

"Tartarus."

"But how?

"Well-"

I'm cut off by the sound of the hospital door opening. The Hosu Chief of police and the heroes, we internship with, enter. We stand respectfully.

"You must be the U.A. students who fought the hero killer, right?" He asks.

Iida and I nod in affirmation.

Tsuragamae turns to me, "You told the heroes that there was someone defeated Stain?"

"Yes. I don't know who he was though."

I feel Iida looking at me in question.

"I see. I would like to get your statement later."

"I understand."

He turns to Torino and speaks softly with him for a moment before leaving.

Manuel faces Iida, "That was a very stupid thing you did."

Iida hangs his head, "I'm sorry."

"Sorry isn't going to cut it, You could have gotten seriously injured or even worse, you could have died!"

"I know it's no excuse but I was blinded by anger. I know now that what I did was wrong."

Manuel sighs, "Next time think before you act. If it wasn't for your friend, you would've been killed."

"I'm sorry. Thank you Midoriya."

"It's fine, I'm just glad that you're alive," I say with a small smile.

The heroes leave, allowing us to rest.

"You knew what I was going to do?" Iida asks suddenly.

"What do you mean?"

"Well you told me, you knew why I came to Hosu, so why didn't you stop me?"

I look at him, contemplating my answer. He is right, I could have stopped him, especially with my knowledge of the future.

"I didn't stop you because I knew that it would do you no good."

He looks at me in confusion.

"I knew that if you didn't go through this you would never learn that, sometimes, it's best to let your anger go," I explain.

"You were right, I should have trusted you guys." He says, looking me in the eye.

I shrug, "Everyone makes mistakes, and that's ok, as long as you learn from them."

"Thank you Midoriya."