Chapter 40: Start

Third Person

As Akuma watches the life drain from All for One's eyes, he pulls out a gun. Loading a serum into it he points at the ex-top Villian.

"I'm sure you know what this is, and I'm sure you know what I'm going to do." The teen states.

AFO doesn't even have the strength to glare.

Akuma laughs and fires the weapon, ensuring that the villain will never wake.

Flashback

Armed men cover the exits of the warehouse and guard a small table in the middle of the large, empty, space.

Akuma sits on one end while Chisaki takes the other seat. They had been discussing for some time about a certain trade.

Akuma grins as he holds the serum up to the light.

"This is real right?" the teen gleefully asks Chisaki as he continues to stare at the small vial.

"Of course, I don't sell duds. I can give you a demonstration if you wish?" Kai offers, a grin etched on his lips (though it can't be seen).

"I would very much like that," Akuma replies almost immediately.

His eagerness shows all over his face.

Chisaki nods and motions for the demonstration to begin. As Akuma leans forward in anticipation, Kai scoffs inwardly.

'This child is almost as bad as Tomura, I doubt he has enough money to even pay for this!'

Despite his warm gestures and apparent kindness, Chisaki has no intention of selling the drug to a child. He's not even sure why he agreed to the meeting in the first place.

As Chisaki struggles with his thoughts, Akuma fervently watches as a man is dragged inside the warehouse.

The guards force the man to his knees, his wrists bound in quirk canceling cuffs. The man had been a hero before going missing a few weeks ago (Akuma had seen his face on the news a few times).

"This is Restain, the rescue hero. His quirk, as I'm sure you know, can surround someone in a barrier, of sorts, that is stronger than most materials."

Chisaki raises a gun and loads it with the liquid. The villain motions to the guards again and they remove the cuffs. Almost immediately, Restrain stands, making a barrier around him. He tries to protect himself from the throngs of villains surrounding him.

Knowing that he wouldn't be able to make it far if he ran, the hero decided to make one last stand.

Akuma reads Restain's thoughts with ease and grins widely in anticipation.

Not deterred, Chisaki points the specially made weapon at Restain.

"Nothing can get through my barrier!" The hero exclaims, his voice betraying his fears.

Next to Kai, Akuma giggles, his excitement peaked to the highest point.

Chisaki ignores the teen and fires the weapon. As expected, Restain's barrier explodes. The shards rain on him as the 'bullet' lodges itself into his body.

FOr a few moments, all the hero can do is scream from the pain ripping through his body. Once the shouts die down, the villains watch as he tries to stand.

"Use it!" Akuma begins to goad, "Won't you show me your Quirk Mr. Hero?"

The man looks down at his shaking hands as the realization hits him. He screams, not from pain, but rather from anguish.

Akuma bursts into laughter, a wicked smile never leaving his face.

"Yes, this will do ever so nicely!" he says, clapping his hands like an excited schoolgirl.

Chisaki scowls (which is covered by his mask), "And what will you give me in return?"

Akuma looks at him, all traces of earlier happiness completely gone. Akuma's face is completely serious as he speaks his request:

"I'll give you...your life."

Flashback End

Of course, Akuma had used the drugs to weaken All for One. However, because of the number of quirks the man has, he wouldn't just use one dose. He had to drug him multiple times.

'Still,' he thinks to himself, looking down at his father/creator's mangled corpse, 'it worked out in the end.'

He smiles again. Humming happily to himself as he begins to skip away.

Suddenly, the teen turns around, barely managing to catch a fist that was aimed at his face.

His eyes widen, but he quickly regains his usual smirk, "Well, well, well. What do we have here?"

"Akuma!" Izuku growls out the name.

"That's me!" he replies joyfully.

"You bastard!" Izuku yells, swiping a kick at the teen's legs.

Akuma lets go of his arm and jumps backward, avoiding the blow.

"I'm so glad you came!" Akuma says with a 'warm' smile.

Izuku snarls at his doppleganger, "Let's just get this over with."

Akuma smirks, "I thought you'd never ask."