Epilogue

Third Person

A black car pulls up on the street. Two men exit the car, one slightly shorter than the other. In their arms, they hold flowers.

They walked into the city square, which had been turned into a cemetery for all those who had lost their lives that day.

In the center of the said cemetery, stands a proud statue. It depicts two teens, one dead, the other victorious.

No matter how much Izuku had begged for the statue not to be put, the citizens had insisted.

The, now man, stands before the figure and lays down the flowers along with his partner.

"I still can't believe they did this." He mumbles to Shoto, the tips of his ears turning pink.

The hero beside him, laughs, "Can you blame them? You saved their lives Izu."

"But still," The man pouts causing Shoto to chuckle again.

After a moment's silence, Shoto asks, "Do you regret it?"

"Never." Izuku answers without much thought.

Despite being quirkless, Izuku smiles happily at his lover.

"I helped so many people, how could I regret it?"

Shoto nods in understanding, pulling Izuku close in an embrace. Izuku melts into the affection, a dopey grin appearing on his face.

He couldn't regret his actions.

After all, his friends and family are all alive and safe. Becoming quirkless is a small price to pay, at least to Izuku.

He can't help but think about his 'future'. It feels like a dream now, the horrors he experienced. Still, he wouldn't have it any other way.

He was able to change things. He was able to save everyone.

Izuku pulls himself from the embrace and looks up into the sky, his smile widening.

He made things right.

And that's that! Its all over now.

I'm kinda sad to see this end but I can't think of anything more fitting. One day I'll come back to this story and fix the many mistakes I made throughout it but for now, I'll leave things as-is.

I just want to give a BIG thank you to everyone who stuck with this story over the months. All of your comments and support helped me continue this story. Thank you to everyone who commented, gave kudos, or even bookmarked it. I'm glad that you liked my work.

I hope you all have a wonderful year and thank you again for reading my story!

-N0vu5