Chapter 16: Anger

I sigh in relief as my body hits my bed. I just got back from a patrol. I cut it shorter than usual since tomorrow is the big day.

Because of my suggestion, all of my classmates have been working non-stop, studying, and training. I'm exhausted because not only have I been helping them, but I've also been pulling several all-nighters.

In moments like these, I usually use a quirk to give me more energy, but since tomorrow is the last day of finals, I want to get actual sleep. My eyes begin closing of their own accord, and I pray that tonight there won't be any dreams.

**Time Skip**

I stand, half-listening to Aizawa as he talks about the practical. Since I've heard all this before, there's no point in listening again. Instead, I contemplate what my new outfit should look like and try my best to not think about last night.

"We'll have you form teams of two to fight against one teacher!" Nezu's voice breaks me from my thoughts.

My classmates are shocked further when Aizawa announces the pairs and their opponents. Just like last time, Bakugo and I are put against All Might.

The fights go by quickly. I watch from the observation room as, one by one, my friends pass. The results are much the same as before. However, I did notice some changes. Our joint training has clearly paid off because their strategies and fighting has improved. However, unlike before, I and Bakugo are put last.

Soon enough, Kacchan is staring me down as we stand in the fake city. His eyes basically scream at me to not get in his way. Internally I'm rolling my eyes.

After my mom died, Kacchan apologized to me for all the years he treated me wrong. We got a fresh start and became the friends we used to be. Since all that happened, I know that deep down, he doesn't mean anything he's thinking. It doesn't help the fact that his quirk makes him more aggressive and quick to anger.

He walks away heading towards All Might with a determined look. I sigh and follow after him, wondering how to play this.

"Kacchan!" I call, trying to strategize with him.

"Shut up Deku!"

"But we can't-"

His arm swings out, I automatically duck. He growls in anger and glares at me.

"Shut the hell up! Your power isn't needed!"

"Can you just listen to me for one second!" I yell, quickly getting tired of this bullshit.

"I don't fucking care what you have to say!" He shouts back, explosions popping in his hands.

Before I can say anything back, a powerful blast of air knocks us back. Kacchan recovers quickly, standing to face All Might.

"Who gives a damn about damaging the city?" The no. 1 hero appears through the smoke, "If you think of this as an exam you'll be sorry. I am a villain, heroes. Come at me with everything you've got!"

Bakugo wastes no time in attacking All Might. He shoots off an explosion, trying to blind the pro hero, then shoots forward. The attack doesn't stun the pro and he grabs Katsuki's face. The boy responds by shooting explosives out at All Might's head. The teacher doesn't waste another second and immobilizes Kacchan by throwing him to the ground.

I watch as the scene unfolds, cursing Kacchan for his stupidity. I know All Might will be after me next so I ready myself for an attack. I could easily retreat but the thought of leaving behind a teammate leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

All Might turns his attention to me, "You're not off the hook either, Young Midoriya."

His killing intent falls down on me, making me even more alert. I jump back falling into my fighting stance. The pro raises an eyebrow at my actions.

"Hm, and here I thought you would run. Do you really think you can take me head-on?"

I just smile, "I can try."

He grins back and raises his fist to attack. Then, out of nowhere, Kacchan appears, kicking All Might in the back, or trying to. Before he can land the hit, the man turns to grab Bakugo's leg. With his back to me, I take the opportunity to strike. I dart forward, aiming my punch for All Might's weak spot.

He hastily throws Bakugo away and jumps to avoid my punch. I waist no time and continue to attack him with a flurry of punches and kicks. He dodges each one, trying to grab my arm or leg with no success. Kacchan appears again and tries to catch All might off balance. Once again he fails, ending up in the pro's grasp. All Might uses him as a human shield, knowing I won't attack a teammate. In the middle of a kick I hesitate, which was all he needs. He throws Bakugo at me. Deciding to take advantage of the situation I catch Bakugo and quickly leave the scene before All might follow.

If I was on my own, I could defeat the no. 1 hero, but since I have Bakugo it's much harder. Entering a random building I lay Bakugo down and wait for him to wake up. I've decided to knock some sense into my friend, even if it takes force. The way he was acting earlier truly worries me because if this were real life he would die in a heartbeat...again. I don't want that so even if I have to force him, I'm going to make him listen to me.

A few seconds later he opens his eyes. He blinks a few times, then focuses on me.

"What the fuck Deku!?" He exclaims realizing where we are.

I sigh, "I had to take you here because you were knocked out."

"That doesn't fucking matter! We're supposed to be fighting All Might!"

"Yes we are, but not without a plan," I say.

Katsuki stands, "I don't need one of your shitty plans! I'm going to fucking murder All Might!"

'That's it!'

I stand, all patience gone.

Third Person

Class 1A watches as Bakugo and Izuku get their asses handed to them. They all expected this to happen, there's no way two students could win against the no. 1 hero. Izuku does manage to hold his own for a few moments, which they are impressed by.

Soon enough, however, the pair are forced to retreat. The cameras follow as they enter a building and Izuku deposits his partner on the floor. Seconds pass and Katsuki wakes up. The class listens as the boy shouts, saying that he didn't need Deku's help.

The class sighs collectively, knowing that this won't turn out well. They expect to see Izuku back down or try harder to plan with Kacchan. What they don't expect, however, is to see Midoriya's face go from, slightly exasperated, to full-on angry.

Izuku had been angry before but not like this.

"Shut the fuck up." He interrupts Katsuki's rant.

Everyone goes silent, even the teachers that are watching in another room. Never in their life had they heard the greenete curse before Midoriya steps forward, grabbing Katsuki's collar and slamming him against a wall with more force than anyone thought possible.

Izuku continues, "I have had it with your bullshit! We are a team and that means we are going to act like it! I don't give a fuck how much you hate me or how much you want to destroy All Might because right now you are too full of anger to do anything properly! You need to get your shit together and calm down because as it stands you are absolutely worthless!"

He lets go of Katsuki and takes a step back, "Now we are going to make a plan. If you have a problem with that then you might as well forfeit right now because I won't deal with any more of your shit! Do you understand?"

Katsuki swallows nervously.

"I said," Izuku steps forward again, "Do. You. Understand?"

Kacchan nods.

"Good. Now here's what you're going to do."