Chapter 39: All for One No More

Third Person

The city is in chaos as civilians run for safety. Villains roam the streets leaving bodies in their wake. Tomura's men crackle as they strike down person after person using their new 'toys' Aakuma had supplied them with.

"Everything is going according to plan," Tomura says as he presses the phone to his ear.

"I'm glad. Are you having fun?" Akuma asks on the other end.

Tomura smirks, "Of course, I have to thank you again for the gifts."

"No prob Tomura, this will make things interesting."

"I am wondering..." Shigaraki hesitates to ask the question in his mind.

Although he respects Akuma, he can't deny that the teen is absolutely insane. He has no regard for human life and seems to have to drive pushing him. He's dangerous, extremely so, and yet, Tomura can't help but be drawn to him.

"What is it?" Akuma asks, slightly impatient to hear the question.

"Why are you doing all this?" The villain spits out the question before he has the time to regret it.

The other end of the phone is silent for a while. All Shigaraki can hear are the sounds of destruction and the screaming of people.

Akuma is silent for so long that he thinks the teen will never answer, then he hears him.

"For fun!"

Tomura blinks in surprise, "What?"

"Oh I'm sorry, were you expecting something different?"

"I just-"

Akuma interrupts him, "Isn't everything people do for their own pleasure? A person works to get money so that they can have a good life. I'm doing this because I find it fun."

The answer is so absurd that Tomura can't help but chuckle. ON the other side of the phone, Akuma grins.

"I suppose you're right," he says.

"I'm always right. You'd better go before your men kill the heroes without you."

"I'll call you once we're done." Tomura agrees.

Akuma promptly hangs up and glances down at the phone in his hand, engulfed by thoughts.

A large explosion in the distance pulls him from his mind. He can't help but laugh as he looks down at the destruction he's caused from a tall building.

"Doesn't it look just lovely?!" he says, happily.

"So this is where you were."

Akuma turns to face AFO. The man comes closer, his face showing annoyance and anger.

All for One growls at his son/creation, "This wasn't the plan! You were supposed to bring Midoriya to me and-"

Akuma cuts him off by slamming him into a wall with telekinesis. The weakened villain coughs blood as he's pushed back. The force causes the wall to explode, sending pieces of rubble all over the roof.

"Shut your fucking mouth!" Akuma yells, his face turning sour, "Can't you see I'm trying to enjoy this?!"

AFO flicks his wrist, raising some of debris and sending it towards the black-haired teen. Akuma lazily tosses away the deadly bullets. In an instant, he appears in front of the adult, slamming the man to the ground and holding him by his neck. Despite the height differences, Akuma towers over the villain causing a slight chill of fear down AFO's spine (though he quickly disgards the feeling).

"Trying to attack me, in your state? How ridiculous!" the boy laughs mockingly.

AFO attempts to push off the teen only to find himself unable to move. His eyes widened in surprise (or they would if he had eyes).

"Don't even try." he growls, pushing down on the man's neck, choking him, "You think I wouldn't notice? My... 'brother' , really did a number on you. You're barely hanging on. Not to mention-"

AFO snarls at the teen, cutting him off "Get off of me or-"

Akuma chuckles, "Or what? You'll kill me? You and I both know that won't happen. You'll be the one to die here, not me"

The black-haired teen smirks. AFO lays, pinned to the floor with the threat of death hanging over him. Despite the man's best efforts, his plans had not only been foiled, but he would die on a random rooftop by a boy HE created.

'I won't let that happen! I'll kill him! I'll rip him apart!'

Fueled by his bloodthirsty thoughts and plans, All for One makes another attempt at escape. He releases every bit of energy he had stored, blasting Akuma away by the gust.

Akuma quickly recovers, smiling slightly, "I knew you wouldn't go down easy! Oh this is gonna be so much fun!"

AFO growls in fury, "I knew I should have killed you when I had the chance!"

The black-haired teen only laughs mockingly, "Oh really? You kill me? I never realized how funny you are!"

Ordinarily, AFO wouldn't make rash decisions, but at this moment, he is so full of rage and hatred he charges at the boy. Akuma smirks and dodges expertly, grabbing the man's arm, he throws the villain into a building. Akuma wastes no time and uses the rubble to pelt the man.

Although AFO tries to raise a shield, his energy is far too low and he ends up being buried in the remains.

Akuma delivers the final blow, by gathering up a large amount of fire in his palms. He brings in down on the pile, creating a large explosion.

The smoke parts, revealing a large crater. In the center lies All for One, bleeding from multiple wounds. Many of his bones are broken and he has a large hole in his stomach.

"H-how?" the villain gasps out, smart enough to know that Akuma couldn't beat him under ordinary circumstances.

Akuma smirks down at the man, "Before I kill you I think I'll let you in on a little secret, a few actually. First, I always planned on killing you. You are far too dangerous to be left alone after all." he gives the man a lopsided smile, "Second, I beat you because you're weak. Oh, and the poison might have helped." he says the last part as if he is unsure and cackles at the expression of horror and realization that comes across AFO's face.

"Now then, nighty-night father"