\ℯ𝒾𝒢𝒽𝓉\

~

~

~𝓌𝒾𝓃𝓉ℯ𝓇 - 𝒻𝒾𝓇𝓈𝓉 𝓎ℯ𝒶𝓇~

"Incendio." Nothing.

Eleanora hated charms. It didn't get any easier as the year wore on. She'd finally mastered the spells she'd been taught in the first term, but now she had a whole new set to learn. She couldn't focus in the crowded classroom and kept staring out the frosty window to the grounds below. She couldn't get over how beautiful Hogwarts looked covered in snow. The light reflected off the roof, making it look like the entire castle was sparkling. One day in late November, Beatrice had disappeared for an hour or so and reappeared with a Ravenclaw third year's magical camera. Eleanora finally got a picture of the castle to send to her sister. While Flitwick lectured, Eleanora wrote in her notebook.

Dear Mum
I finally got a picture for you to show Daisy. I can't wait for her to learn how to write. How was her birthday? I can't believe I missed it. I wrapped up some mini cakes from school and attached them, I hope they're still good by the time they get to you. I think Circe travels fast enough. I picked four daisies from the greenhouse and put them by my bed on her birthday. It's crazy that she's four years old already. Tell her how much I miss her. I can't wait to see you both for Christmas. The older students get to go into the wizard town in a week, but the first and second years have to stay at the school. It's so unfair, I've never seen a wizard town before- I can't wait to be a third year. All of the older students know so much magic and can do so much. There's so much I don't know yet and I want to learn it all. I'm top of my class in Potions, Defense Against the Dark Arts and Transfiguration. My potions teacher scares me a little bit- he's really strict- but he's never yelled at me. Charlie Weasley said I'm a natural at the subject. I was even able to help him with his homework a little bit. Defense Against the Dark Arts is an odd class because I do really well, but the professor doesn't seem to like me. He's always nervous and it seems like I make him more so. Apparently he had a bad run in with a vampire a few years back and has never been the same. Transfiguration is one of my favorite classes. Professor McGonnagall is lovely. Flying lessons are over now that the weather's too cold, but the quidditch team is still practicing. I told you all about quidditch in my last letter, didn't I? It's the wizarding sport. Anyways, I wasn't bad at flying during lessons, but we didn't get to do enough. I want to try and learn more, but I don't have a broom or anything. Anyways, I've been watching the quidditch team practice and they're amazing. Charlie's captain. I go down to watch the practices sometimes with Beatrice. I'll write again before Christmas. I love you.
Eleanora

The bell rang, snapping Eleanora out of her thoughts. She gathered her things and met up with the other girls on her way out of the classroom.

"How'd you do on that one El?" Phillipa asked.

"Lousy. I'll practice more later."

Phillipa made a disapproving noise. "I could help you with it in the common room now if you want. You really shouldn't put it off."