\𝓉𝓌ℯ𝓁𝓋ℯ\

~

~

Eleanora and the twins hurried down the corridors, occasionally making sharp turns and turning around, backtracking to avoid little dots on the map. It took them longer than they'd expected to get arrive at the forbidden third floor corridor. They stopped at the locked door. "Would you like to do the honors, or should I?" Eleanora asked.

"I'll get it," Fred said as George studied the map.

"Hurry up, Filch is coming," said George, bouncing on the balls of his feet.

"Hold your horses. Alohamora." George swung the door open, ushering Eleanora and Fred inside before following them and closing the door silently behind them. Before he even turned around, he felt Eleanora's hand grab his robes in panic. He whirled around.

"Bloody hell."

The three headed dog was enormous. Eleanora and the twins stood in shock, staring up at it until finally one of the dogs snapped at them, spraying them with drool. Eleanora shrieked and George whipped the door open, pushing her and Fred out. He slammed the door behind them and they all stood in the hallway in shock and fear. George finally had the sense to pull out the map and showed the other two the dot labeled "Filch" moving closer to them. Fred grabbed one of each Eleanora and George's arms and pulled them down in the opposite direction, moving aside a tapestry to reveal a secret passageway that they all climbed through.

~

"What the hell was that?" They were in the common room again, sitting on their usual armchairs.

The room was empty and a cozy fire was roaring in the fireplace, but Eleanora didn't feel cozy at all. Her heart was still racing from their encounter with the three headed dog. "Why would they keep something like that in school? It could've killed us" she said, hugging her knees to her chest.

"Maybe Hagrid wanted a pet" Fred said, a glimmer of a smile on his face.

Eleanora nudged his shoulder. "Not funny, what if a bunch of first years walked in there, Fred? It's not safe."

He frowned. There was a moment of silence, and then George sat up stick-straight, eyes wild. "We didn't lock the door again, did we?" he said in a soft, horror-stricken voice.

~

The next day at breakfast, Eleanora and the twins looked especially tired. "Alright, Eleanora?" Oliver Wood asked, on his way to his seat.

She nodded, thinking back to their back and forth journeys through the school just hours before.. "Just tired, thanks."

She settled down next to George. "Here," he said, pouring her a cup of coffee.

Ron and Harry joined them, sitting across the table. "Morning," Ron said. Fred, George, and Eleanora only nodded in acknowledgment. After the night they'd had, none of them were really up for talking. They ate their breakfasts in silence until the conversation turned to Professor Quirrell.