\ℯ𝒾𝓰𝒽𝓉ℯℯ𝓃\

~𝓈𝓅𝓇𝒾𝓃𝓰 - 𝓈ℯ𝒸ℴ𝓃𝒹 𝓎ℯ𝒶𝓇~

In the next few weeks, the rain cleared and the grounds dried up, giving the castle a bright, spring feel. Gryffindor made a comeback in quidditch, but still hadn't had the chance to beat Slytherin since their last match. It was driving Charlie insane. He didn't directly blame Eleanora for their loss, but he was working the team harder than ever.

Eleanora was too busy studying for her finals to care much about what he had to say. She spent most of her free time in the library with Phillipa and Beatrice. One day, Eleanora couldn't stand to look at another textbook but also knew that if she went back to the common room, Charlie would try to talk to her about quidditch. She went outside, heading straight for the old tree by the lake where she suspected Bill might be. She was right. He was sitting cross-legged, reading a large book on curses.

She sat down next to him, leaning against the wide stump, and pulled out her own book.

"Are you copying me?" Bill asked.

Eleanora scoffed. "Ummm, no. Am I not allowed to read a book under a tree that just happens to be the same tree you're reading a book under?"

He laughed. "What's up, Marks?

"I'm bored."

"Where are the twins?"

"I'm not always with the twins."

"Yes, you are."

She gave him a critical look and turned back to her book. "What're you doing?" she asked.

"Reading."

"You're so annoying, Bill."

He pushed her shoulder lightly. "I was here first."

"Not for long. You're leaving Hogwarts soon, and then you'll be out in the real world and I'll have the tree all to myself."

"Merlin's beard, El, stop reminding me."

"Well, it's true!" she said indignantly. Bill sighed and shook his head. He was giving her an annoyed look, but she knew he didn't mean it. "So, have you decided what you want to do?"

Bill hesitated before answering. "Yeah, I've got a job at Gringotts lined up as soon as I leave school. I have to work in the bank for a year, but then they'll send me out to do actual curse-breaking work."

"That's great!" she said emphatically, but she secretly wished he could just stay at Hogwarts. She'd grown used to his subtle presence. Everyone in the school loved Bill Weasley because he never gave them any reason to feel otherwise. The boy could do no harm. He helped calm the usual chaos of Gryffindor house and could put anyone at ease with a simple conversation. There was nothing she could do about him leaving, so she hoped he would get to do what he wanted in the world.