\𝓉𝓌ℯ𝓃𝓉𝓎-ℴ𝓃ℯ\

~

~

On their last night of detention, Eleanora wrote a letter to Bill while Fred and George finished up sorting the books. She leaned against McGonagall's desk, occasionally contributing to the twins' conversation. She'd been writing back and forth with Bill since Christmas, sending a letter every week or so about the goings on of Hogwarts, and receiving one in return filled with details of Bill's work in Egypt.

Bill liked writing to Eleanora because she didn't just give him the usual information his family did. She told him all of the latest gossip at Hogwarts, the exact details of what she was studying, and funny stories about her adventures with the twins. He'd never known exactly what his brothers had been up to before and now that he did, he wished he'd known more while he was still at school. Eleanora loved hearing from Bill because he was... well, he was Bill Weasley. He'd been nice to her since she entered the wizarding world. She'd looked up to him since she was eleven years old. He never talked down to her and he listened, really listened, to what she said. "Fred and George pushed me in the lake the other day, and then we all went swimming until Percy caught us," she wrote. "You should've seen the look on his face." She laughed a little to herself, remembering Percy's reaction, and smiled when she thought of how Oliver had saved them from trouble.

"What's so funny?" George asked, shelving a stack of books.

"Nothing."

"We tell you you don't have to help and then you don't even talk to us," he laughed, opening a book to check the index.

Eleanora looked up from her letter and gave him an apologetic smile. "Sorry, sorry. Anything you want me to say to Bill for you?"

"Mmmm, tell him to bring us something from Egypt."

"George says he wants a souvenir from Egypt. Are you coming home anytime soon? You should visit over the summer, we all miss you."

"And... done," Fred said, shelving the last of the books. It was ten till midnight.

Eleanora carefully folded the parchment she'd been writing on and put away her quill and ink. "Brilliant. Let's go."

They left McGonagall's office, making a left out the door and strolling down the corridor. "What d'you want to do now?" George asked.

"It's one of our last nights. It feels wrong to just go to bed. Let's walk," Fred said, taking the map out of his pocket and saying, "I solemnly swear that I am up to no good."

They strode down the hallway, taking turns watching the parchment to make sure nobody was coming. Eleanora remembered walking the halls with Bill on his last night ever at Hogwarts, talking about curse breaking and the future.

They walked for nearly an hour, roaming around, staring at the pictures on the walls and dancing around to no music. Nighttime walks with the twins had become more than just a pastime for Eleanora, they'd become a vitality to her happiness. She was sliding down one of the newly shined floors in her socks when George stepped forward, taking her arm. "Look." He shoved the map towards her and Fred peered over her shoulder. She stared down at the little dots. There were teachers everywhere. They swarmed the halls, all seeming to be headed for the third floor. Eleanora gave the twins a quizzical look.

"Something's happened," said Fred.

"Let's go back," Eleanora said, taking the map and leading the way back to the common room.

When they got to the portrait hole, Fred said the password and they all clambered in at once, pulling it shut behind them. Eleanora was the first to see Neville in a body bind curse on the floor. "What the..." she stepped towards him, crouching down next to him. "Who did this?"

"Eleanora, you're asking the guy in a full body bind," said Fred.

"Right, right." She muttered the counter curse and Neville's body relaxed, flailing on the ground. Eleanora stepped back. "Neville, Neville, calm down- stop it!"

He stopped flailing and sat up shakily. "They've- they've gone. The've gone," he said, his voice quavering.

Eleanora put a hand on his shoulder. "Who did that to you Neville? Who's gone?"

"H-Hermione. Hermione and- and Harry and R-Ron."

Eleanora looked up at the twins, raising an eyebrow. "He's your brother."

They gave her innocent looks.

"Neville, where did they go?" she asked quietly.

"Dunno... out. They're going to lose us points, aren't they?" Eleanora looked up the twins, realization dawning on her at the same time as it did them. George pulled out the map. "Wait, not here," Eleanora said, and turned back to Neville. "Neville, you've go to stop letting people push you around. We're going to... take care of this. Just... go to bed." Neville nodded and scrambled up to his dormitory. Eleanora stood up and joined the twins, staring at the map. The teachers were still hurrying to the third floor, but after that, disappearing. "Where are they?" she muttered, scanning it for Harry, Ron, and Hermione.

Fred let out a shaky sigh and his hand holding the map fell to his side. "They're not on the map."

Eleanora snatched it out of his hand. "Of course they are, just-" But they weren't. Eleanora thought back to seeing the three headed dog at the very beginning of the year. She looked her friends. "We have to go," she said quietly.

Fred nodded. "Yeah, we have to find them."