\𝓉𝒽𝓇ℯℯ\

~

~

"No, no, you're not allowed to date Bill. I draw the line," George said, still trying to wrap his head around the idea days later. "Percy- I would disapprove. Charlie- I might be able to see. Bill? He's-"

"Nice to me," Eleanora said, a dreamy look in her eyes. George sighed, leaning back in his seat and covering his eyes with a hand.

They were sitting in the Leaky Cauldron dining room, just the two of them. Everyone else had gone to bed hours ago. They'd been back in London for only a few hours, but neither of them could sleep. "I was going to say old," George muttered.

"He's not that much older than me," Eleanora argued. 

"You're sixteen, El. He's, like, an adult."

"Do you even know how old your own brother is?"

"I've got five of them, you really expect me to know all the specifics?"

"It doesn't even matter, he's all the way in Egypt anyways," she said with a frown.

George ran a hand through his hair. "Eleanora..." he groaned. "Fred doesn't even know-"

"And he doesn't have to. It doesn't matter, stop making a big deal out of it," she snapped. Lack of sleep and an overabundance of feelings were making her temper flair up.

"Fine. I'm going to bed." George stood up and stalked out.

Eleanora waited until his footsteps had receded up the stairs before following. Neither of the twins were easily upset, but she'd sort of expected this. She knew the idea of her having feelings like this for anyone in their family would weird them out. She slipped into the room she was sharing with Ginny and tiptoed to the bed on the far side of the room, still going over the conversation in her head.

The next morning, she met the Weasleys in the dining room of the Leaky Cauldron and sat down to breakfast across from Percy. It took her a few moments to notice that Hermione was there, but when she did she jumped up to hug her. "How've you been? How was France?" she asked.

"Oh, it was lovely. How was Egypt?"

"It was so great- Merlin, you got a tan."

Hermione grinned. "Oh, yeah. The beaches there are beautiful."

They both sat down together across from Ron. Eleanora was glad for the excuse to avoid George, who hadn't greeted her when she'd gotten downstairs. Mrs. Weasley stood up and announced to the whole table that they would all need to go shopping for their school things that day, and Ron immediately spoke up. "Is it alright if Hermione go off and try to find Harry? We'll still get our things."

"Oh yes, of course," Mrs. Weasley agreed. "The rest of you can come with me." Nobody objected.

Shopping for their school things was a more quiet affair than usual. George was avoiding speaking with Eleanora and Fred, confused, tried unsuccessfully to keep the conversation alive. "We'll need extra fireworks this year you know, in case Sirius Black pops up," he said, looking from George to Eleanora and back again.