\𝓉𝓌ℯ𝓃𝓉𝓎\

~

~

"Shhh stay quiet, you two." Eleanora peered around the corner.

"You know we have a map for that," Fred said, pulling her back. "There's nobody coming."

"Yeah, I saw that. Alright, let's go." Eleanora, George, and Fred all pulled out their wands and stood back to back, forming a sort of triangle.

"On the count of three then," George said.

"One..." They pointed their wands at the walls.

"Two..." They didn't hear the footsteps approaching.

"Three!"

Color changing spells flew everywhere, turning different parts of the walls florescent colors. Eleanora shot one at the chandelier above and it turned bright pink.

"WEASLEY, WEASLEY, MARKS!" They stopped as quickly as they'd started and turned to face Professor McGonagall, forming a line shoulder to shoulder.

"Well, good afternoon, Professor," Fred said, stuffing his wand into his pocket.

McGonagall glared at the three students. "What in Merlin's name do you think you're doing?" None of them spoke for a moment.

"Just... brightening the place up... Professor," said Eleanora.

George snickered, but McGonagall didn't look amused. "Defacing school property, you mean, Miss Marks."

"Well... we just thought a paint job-" George started.

"Is not up to you, Mr. Weasley. Since you obviously knew how to turn the corridor into... this- put it back immediately. And detention for the next three nights in my office."

"But Professor-"

"I don't want to hear it."

"It's the end of the year-"

"You should've thought of that beforehand."

"But finals-"

"Will not conflict with your punishment, Miss Marks. Now, restore the walls to their natural color and be on your way."

They all turned back to the walls. "It was worth a shot," Fred said, waving his wand at one of the walls, restoring it to its usual brown.

George waited until McGonagall's footsteps had receded to say, "Wonder what we could do to our dormitory, though." They all exchanged smiles, knowing exactly what their next project would be.

The next week was filled with sweltering hot weather, final exams, and detentions in McGonagall's office. Their punishment was to organize all of McGonagall's textbooks in order of third item in each index. Eleanora kept one of her own textbooks open to try and study for exams as she organized, which drove Fred and George up a wall.