\𝓉𝓌ℯ𝓃𝓉𝓎-𝓉𝒽𝓇ℯℯ\

~

~

Eleanora found Wood sitting in the common room, drawing all over his diagram of a quidditch pitch. When he saw her, he put it away, smiling and wrapping an arm around her shoulders when she sat down. She rested her head on his arm and closed her eyes. "You alright?" he asked.

"Yeah, fine. Long night."

"Hm."

"Are you alright?"

He shifted, pulling his arm back and turning to face her. She didn't like the look on his face. "Eleanora..."

"What?"

"I think... well- listen, this is difficult. I just- maybe we should-"

"You're breaking up with me."

"Well..."

"It's okay." With the exhaustion of not sleeping and the events of the previous night bogging down her thoughts, Eleanora meant what she said. She didn't care. It was alright. "We'll still be...?" she started the question but trailed off.

Oliver knew what she meant. "Friends. Eleanora and Oliver, friends." They sat facing each other for what felt like a long time.

She gave him a small smile, which he returned without hesitation. "See you later, then."

She stood up and walked out of the common room, no real direction in mind. She didn't feel anything. Sure, she'd liked Oliver, but they'd sort of fizzled out. There had been long stretches in the last few days in which they didn't talk at all. She fumbled past the tapestry on the wall that led to her favorite secret passage. She only hoped Oliver had been serious about them remaining friends. She clambered through the passage, arriving at the other side. She hoped things wouldn't be weird now, with quidditch and everything. Her mind felt foggy from lack of sleep. She figured she probably shouldn't have left the common room, should've gone up to her dormitory and gone to bed, but she didn't want to see Phillipa or Beatrice. She didn't know who she wanted to see. She wished Bill were still here, so she could go sit under his favorite tree together and talk about everything that had happened in the last twenty-four hours. She thought about going to the library and writing him a letter, telling him everything. It would be too hard, though. He hadn't even known about Oliver in the first place- Eleanora kept forgetting to tell him and it didn't really matter now.

"Eleanora!" Fred's voice echoed from behind her and her heart leapt. The twins were exactly what Eleanora needed.

She put on a smile and turned to face them. "Where've you two been?"

"Doesn't matter. We need a bathroom nobody uses," said George, pulling Eleanora alongside them.

"Ummm, alright then. Use Moaning Myrtle's."

"Moaning Myrtle?"

"You don't know about Moaning Myrtle?"

The boys shook their heads.