\𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓇𝓉ℯℯ𝓃\

~

~

"Bet we could sneak out of here."

Eleanora took the folded scrap of paper from George without looking up from her lines. A smile crossed her face at the words and she bent down over the paper, scribbling, "And then what?"

She reached forward, tapping George's back. He reached his arm back again and took her response so swiftly it was barely noticeable. He unfolded the paper, paused, then handed it across the aisle to Fred. When the note got back to her, it simply read "forest." Eleanora stifled a laugh, the looked up at Professor Quirrell quickly.

"B-back to your li-lines" he said, sternly. She bent over the parchment and wrote, "shut up, Fred ... I vote no for sneaking out, we should be out of here soon anyways."

She slipped the note to Fred. "Eleanora, b-bring that note- note here," said Quirrell. Eleanora slipped out of her seat and grabbed the paper to bring up to his desk. She handed it to him, her mouth twitching ever so slightly. He took it and examined it. "Ther-there's nothing on here," Quirrell said.

"Yes, it's just blank parchment. George was running out." Quirrell looked at her with mistrust, turning the parchment over and over in his hands. She fixed her face into a decided mask of innocence.

Quirrell frowned at her and then handed to parchment back. "T-take your seat. Twen-twenty more li-lines for each of y-you."

She made a face when she turned back to the twins and slipped the parchment onto George's desk on her way back to her own.

~

"That was absolutely mad, him making us write those extra lines." They were walking back to the common room after their third detention that week.

Eleanora sighed. "He's different this year. Worse. Definitely worse."

The twins nodded in unison. "Almost makes me want to start following the rules," said George.

They all laughed. "Watch out, Georgie," Eleanora said. "Next you'll be a prefect, just like Percy."

The next morning, the post came as usual and, as usual, Eleanora didn't receive anything. Circe flew in to visit, nibbling some of the fruit off of Eleanora's dish. She stroked her feathers, staring off into space.

"Have you written to Bill or Charlie recently?" George asked.

Eleanora shook her head. "No, not since they left. I was thinking of writing Charlie about the quidditch season once in starts." She took a small bite out of her biscuit.

Fred and George exchanged a look. "You should write to them," said Fred. "They both ask about you in their letters to us- it's honestly getting annoying."

"Yeah, maybe I'll write soon."

"So what's the plan for today?" asked George, both twins looking to Eleanora.