\𝓈𝒾𝓍𝓉ℯℯ𝓃\

~

~

Christmas was just around the corner and Eleanora couldn't wait. Now that the prospect of Christmas with the twins was on the horizon, winter was becoming one of her favorite seasons. One snowy afternoon, she and the twins were given detention for enchanting snowballs to follow Professor Quirrell around bouncing them off the back of his turban. "Ooo, right in the center Marks, that's 10 points!" Fred had cried just before Quirrel had turned around and given them far more detentions than the infraction was worth. Eleanora didn't care. It was worth the fifty lines to see the aggravated look on Quirrell's face. Their last day of detention for that particular stunt fell on the last day before break, and the twins and Eleanora thought it was the perfect way to finish out a semester.

Before detention, the three of them sat bored in the common room, thinking up ideas of what to do before they left the school the next morning. "Want to visit Hagrid before we head up to Quirrell's?" Eleanora asked as she warmed her hands at the fire.

"I dunno, it's cold out," said Fred, summoning yet another blanket from across the room. Fred always hated the cold.

Eleanora sighed. "But I'm so bored. We've been sitting up here for hours."

"She's right, we've got to go somewhere," chimed in George.

Five minutes later, they were off. Eleanora almost regretted her request as soon as they stepped foot outside. They air was blistering and the snow was knee deep, but she would hate to back out before even trying. They made their way down to Hagrid's hut, helping each other through the snow. When they got there, Eleanora knocked hard on the door.

Hagrid opened it. "Who's there- Ah, hello!" he stepped aside and let the freezing students in.

"Hagrid could we- could we borrow some blankets?" Eleanora stammered, almost tripping on her way in the door.

"Here, here, come on, by the fire," Hagrid said, ushering them inside. "I'll make tea." They all sat down on the couch next to the fire and Fred grabbed a blanket that was big enough for all three of them to huddle under.

"All that trouble just to sit exactly how we were in the common room. Thanks, El," Fred grumbled, but he adjusted the blanket to .

Hagrid bustled out with mugs and hot tea, pouring it for them. Eleanora turned and only then noticed the abundance of owls perched in every corner of the cabin. "Hagrid? What's with the owls?" she asked.

"Was wondering that myself," George said between sips of tea.

Hagrid set out milk and sugar and settled himself in an armchair across the fire from the students. "Been taking care of them, they can't make long journeys in this weather, you know."

Eleanora stood up, ignoring the protests from the twins for disturbing the blanket. She walked up to the first owl she saw and reached a hand out to it. "So you're healing them?" she asked, stroking the owl's feathers. "What have you been using?"