chapter three

<>

It was Andra's final engagement in Belgium. The most awaited State Banquet hosted by the King and Queen of the Belgians in honour of the British royals. It was also a way to congratulate the Princess on her milestone; the success of her first official visit to Belgium as part of her EU tour.

"Other than the members of the Belgian Royal Family, the Belgian Prime Minister will be in attendance along with his wife. Ambassador Easton will also be present with her eldest son. Some local politicians will be there as well," Vivian discussed. Joan was busy styling Andra's hair into big wavy curls. "You will be seated between King Philippe and Prince Joachim. Queen Mathilde will be seated on the King's right side, and on her right side will be The Prince of Wales. Prince Harry will be seated beside Princess Claire."

"When will my speech be?" Andra nervously asked.

"You will be making your speech before the start of dinner." Once Joan was finished with her hair and makeup, Helene started to dress her. The huge ass dress, as she liked to call it, was a cream-white ball gown with a tube neckline and tulle skirt that has a satin base. Andra chose a pair of white strap heels instead of stilettos.

"Time for the star of the show!" Helene was elated. It was the first time Andra would wear any jewelry during the tour. It was momentous.

"Good Heavens! The King George VI Victorian Suite and Tiara," Helene gasped when she opened the jewelry box.

Andra gave Vivian a confused look. She knew that unmarried royal women were not allowed to wear tiaras.

"The Queen specifically asked that you wear the tiara and suite for the banquet. Also, this, Ma'am," Vivian opened another jewelry box revealing a badge of the Royal Family Order of Queen Elizabeth II. "Her Majesty sends you her congratulations on the success of your visit to Belgium."

The badge was placed on the upper left side of her dress. Helene carefully put the sapphire and diamond necklace and earrings on Andra while Joan fixed the tiara on her head.

"Final touches, Ma'am," Helene said, gesturing at the bracelet. She also gave Andra a white fur wrap.

When Andra was finished, she couldn't help but stare at her reflection in the mirror. She looked like a Disney Princess. The tiara and suite were heavy, but she didn't mind at all. The jewelry made her eye color pop, making them bluer than they were before.

"It's time to go, Ma'am," Vivian said to her after someone knocked on the door. Harry entered the room and he clapped when he saw his sister.

"Don't you look like a civilised person!" He jested, earning him a smack on the arm.

"You don't look so bad yourself."

"My lady," he offered his arm. Andra linked her arm to his, and then they were on their way to meet their father at the castle's entrance.

She jokingly curtsied at her father when she saw him. "Hello, father," she chuckled.

"You look lovely," he said.

"Thank you, Daddy." She kissed her father's cheek. She headed out of the palace and into the back of the Black 2010 BMW 7-series lent to them by the Belgian Royal Family.

Harry went into the shotgun seat. Andra sat on the rear right seat, while Charles went to sit on the other side. It was more or less a twenty-minute ride to Palais Royale in Brussels where the banquet was happening.

Loud cheers greeted her when she went out of the car. Her heart pounded. She felt like throwing her guts out. But she was able to compose herself back together. She didn't need another article criticizing her for lacking the ability to face the pressure, not after her recent 'romance' rumor. She heard gasps as they proceeded inside; a butler guided them to a drawing room where the King and Queen were.

"You look gorgeous, dear," Queen Mathilde said as they kissed each other's cheeks.

"Thank you, Madam. You look lovely as well," she politely said.

"You are too kind," the Queen said. "Forgive me, for a second," she turned to call the attention of her nephew. "Joachim! Come here," she called. When the Prince was finally there, the Queen turned back to Hope. "I have to go to your brother so I will leave you to Joachim. Is that alright?"

"Yes, it's not a problem," she nervously smiled. Her mind wandered to the conversation she and the Prince shared when he returned her headscarf to her. She furiously blushed.

"Hello, you. You're beautiful," he bluntly said. Joachim thought it would be best if he were honest and open with his feelings for Andra especially with everyone hoping she ends up with his brother.

"You don't look so bad yourself," she said. Hope suddenly felt the urge to smack herself in the head. She felt like a simple 'you look handsome too' would've sufficed but she just had to say that, didn't she?

"Well, if you ask the Belgian girls, they would say I'm irresistible. Don't you think so?" He said in a jest.

"Sadly, I do not," she replied lightly. "You must be so proud of yourself, then? For getting the ladies' attention-"

"One woman's attention would be enough for me." He said, gazing into her blue orbs.

<>