chapter twelve

<>

Royal Communications

15th June, 2010

THE FOLLOWING IS A STATEMENT FROM THE ROYAL COMMUNICATIONS

We are delighted to announce that HRH Princess Hope Alexandra of Wales will have an exclusive interview with BBC One on Saturday, 19th June 2010.

Her Royal Highness is looking forward to introducing herself personally to the British public and to the rest of the world.

Further details are due to be announced soon.

<>

June 19, 2010

Clarence House

It was her first one-on-one interview with BBC. Their end of the bargain they made with the press. An exclusive, tell-all. If they played it right—if she said the right things, this would put their popularity over the top and it could affect Charles' public reception.

Andra was somewhat considered a weapon by top Palace aides. Everyone was curious about her and coupled with being the late Princess of Wales's beloved and only daughter, she was a nuclear weapon. She could make or break her father's future as King, they thought.

"Your Royal Highness, this is Miss Crane, she will be the one interviewing you today." Henry, her father's private secretary, introduced a tall woman wearing a power suit. "Miss Crane, Her Royal Highness Princess Hope Alexandra."

"Hello," Andra smiled at the lady who curtsied to her. "I rather do prefer to be called Andra and please, do take a seat."

"I'm pleased to meet you ahead of our interview, Your Royal Highness."

"None of that, please. I'm about bare my whole life to you, I think it's more than appropriate that you call me by my nickname, Miss Crane." Andra smoothly said.

Her tone was warm and welcoming, the journalist noted. "I was warned you would say that. They were really keen on having me address you in an official manner, Ma'am." She said.

"Oh, well I insist you disregard protocol for me, Miss Crane. Just this once." Andra smiled. "It's an honour to be interviewed by a renowned journalist such as yourself. I do hope we have a productive time today."

Polite, the journalist once again noted. And charming, she added. "I'm honoured to be chosen by you, Ma—Andra. I heard you handpicked me." She mentioned.

"There was a very short list and you were the best among them. I'm quite a fan of your work covering the war in Afghanistan. It's very brave," Andra said. "I hope you're all right and not suffering from any traumas. The war's ghastly."

"Oh, thank you. I agree with you. It is. Ghastly."

"I heard that you were able to interview Harry before he went off for a helicopter run. He could be a bit dramatic," she said, a little giggle escaping her lips.

"Yes, one of my best moments in Camp Bastion. If I were being honest."

"Your Royal Highness, Miss Crane, we'll start in 5 minutes," Vivian interjected to remind them.