chapter thirteen

<>

www.royal.gov.uk

About Princess Hope Alexandra of Wales

Princess Hope Alexandra is the third child and only daughter of The Prince of Wales and Diana, Princess of Wales. It was her parents' wish that she be kept out of royal life until she is older. After her mother's death, The Queen granted Prince Charles' request that the Princess live a normal and private life until she turned 18.

Her Royal Highness lived in Kensington Palace with her mother and brothers until the age of five. She went to live in Anmer Hall at Sandringham when she attended a public primary school in Norfolk before studying at St. George's School, Ascot. In 2008, she was accepted into UWC Atlantic College's International Baccalaureate Programme. She left AC in May 2010.

Princess Hope Alexandra will be reading Medicine at Trinity College, Cambridge in the Fall of 2010. Once Her Royal Highness completes the course, she will be the first senior member of the Royal Family to practice Medicine.

<>

Royal Communications

25th June 2010

HRH Prince William of Wales and HRH Princess Hope Alexandra of Wales's Commonwealth Tour

Prince William of Wales and Princess Hope Alexandra of Wales will be visiting Canada, New Zealand, and Australia, in a joint tour, at the request of the Foreign and Commonwealth Office.

Their Royal Highnesses visit is scheduled to take place between Monday 5th July and Friday 16th July. This will be their first visit to the three countries together.

As this tour will be Prince William and Princess Hope Alexandra's first official joint tour, Their Royal Highnesses have asked that they be allowed opportunities to meet as many people as possible. Their Royal Highnesses will visit programmes that focus on children's health, youth leadership, and women empowerment.

Their Royal Highnesses hope to encourage, unite, and strengthen the bond that the countries have with the UK as they embark on this two-week tour.

<>

July 4, 2010

"You realise that this will be the last time we will see each other for a while," Joachim laughingly mentioned while they were in the car driving to Heathrow.

"I know," she replied. "You'll be in Belgium by the time I get back."

"We'll always call each other and I'll try to swing by Klosters while you're there."

"I thought you were scared of Wills and Haz."

"If I don't see you then, it'll be a year before I could. I don't like it."

Andra looked at him and sighed. "It sounds hard," she said. "We don't have to like it, just survive it. I'll be busy, the first year in uni and all that."

"I'm proud of you smarty pants. Did you ever know that?"

She rolled her eyes. "You've been telling me so."

"Anyway, I've already enlisted. I'll join basic training in October."

"Yes, you already told me," she let out a deep sigh once again. "Don't get yourself thrown to Afghanistan while you're at training. Understood?"

"I won't, I promise. Repeat your plans after your tour again, so I won't forget." Joachim said to distract her. He felt her worrying about him and he didn't want her to be distracted when she was about to go on a tour that could make or break her.

"Wills and I will be traveling from London to Ottawa with Royal Canadian Air Force at 12 PM, tomorrow. The programme director said we'll arrive in Canada by 7 AM. Tour starts at 9 AM, Montreal time. We have three engagements per day while in Canada. Day one is in Ottawa, day two is Montreal, and day three is Victoria," she pursed her lips. "We'll be flying to New Zealand from Victoria at 9 PM, Wednesday. Then, it's a 27-hour flight to Wellington. We'll arrive at about 7 AM, Friday in NZ. 8 PM in London, 9 PM in Belgium."

"Aw, come here, A." Joachim chuckled when he heard her voice squeak. He enveloped her in a tight hug. "I'll miss you. But we'll surely see each other because I'll go see you in Klosters. And, I will call you every single day."

"I can't believe you're leaving now," Andra said to him. He was leaving London. He's returning to Brussels to enter the military for his gap year. She's not sure when he'll be back in London and she couldn't fly out to him whenever because she'll be busy with her studies.

"It'll be just a year, A. I'll be back before you know it."

"I hope it flies by, fast," Andra said as the car pulls up in front of the international departure entrance of Heathrow.

"Here's my stop," Joachim said, without looking at her. He didn't want to look at her because he won't leave if he did. "We'll each other soon, in Switzerland. Then, I'll be back in London once I complete basic training."

She didn't answer.

He had to look at her. There wasn't any kind of emotion on her face. She knew how to hide it now, and he didn't like it, but it was for her own good.

"I'll miss you, more than you would ever know," she said softly.

"I'll be back," he repeated.

Andra hated parting with loved ones. She remembered the day her mother left for Paris, vividly. She cried for her mother to not go. Her mother loved her, and she promised to return, but she arrived in a coffin.

She deeply sighed. "I'll believe you when you're back."

<>

A/N: It's Prince Philip's funeral day. I still can't believe it! I feel like it's the beginning of the end of an era.

The next update will be on Thursday, 5 pm (GMT+1).