chapter twenty-one

<>

BREAKING! "Hope Alexandra Mountbatten" got highest exam grade at Cambridge Med

<>

Princess Andra and Hugh Grosvenor: their friendship in 20 photos

<>

Princess Andra's Hope Foundation launches, Doctors Without Borders named top beneficiary

<>

Hugh Grosvenor pledges 10 million pounds to royal best friend's new foundation

<>

No longer together? Prince Joachim releases statement on relationship status

<>

Princess Andra blindsided by break up, sources say

<>

WHAT?! Belgian Prince Joachim allegedly broke up with beloved Princess through text message

<>

Grand Hall, Buckingham Palace
July 2012

It was the night prior to the opening of the Olympic Games in London. Foreign royals and British nobles were invited to attend a dinner organized by The Queen's office. In attendance were Queen Sofia of Spain, the Crown Princes and Crown Princesses of the Scandinavian countries, the Prince and Princess of Asturias, Emirs, Sheikhs, deposed European royals, some members of the British parliament, members of the aristocracy, Princes, Princesses, and foreign diplomats.

It was a star-studded event. Anyone who is anyone was there. Andra was wearing a tulle gown in the shade of blue that perfectly matched her skin. Her eyes looked bluer than it usually was and her wavy golden hair was done in a natural way, flowing freely. She stood in a corner that was far from all the other guests. Her shoulders tensed with the extreme pressure of maintaining a good show in front of everyone.

Her brother looked her way, and she saw him sigh. Harry approached her with a comforting smile. "Are you alright?" He inquired once he was closer. "Nervous?"

"Y-yeah," she stammered. She cleared her throat and sadly smiled. "He's in there, you know."

"I'll be with you, Elliephant. You don't have to be nervous," Harry comfortingly caressed her shoulder. "Wills will also be there, and Dad, and our Uncles. You know we've got your back."

"Thanks, Haz." Andra held on his hand on her shoulder. She let out a deep breath and straightened her posture. If she was going to see him, she sure as hell wasn't going to look miserable.

"Let's go inside. Together?" Harry offered his arm. She instantly clutched onto it as if her life depended on it.

"Their Royal Highnesses Prince Henry and Princess Hope Alexandra of Wales," it was announced in the Great Hall once they entered. Members of the parliament and aristocracy bowed and curtsied when the two of them passed by on their way to their seats. Andra was seated between her uncle Edward and Hugh, a request she personally made to her Granny. She felt like she could breathe when she was beside her best friend. She could no longer feel the curious stares people were directed toward her, and most importantly, she couldn't see him from her position.

"Your Royal Highness," Hugh grinned as he bowed his head to greet her.

Andra thought of a joke because she knew Hugh loved following protocol. It gave him a sense of direction, he said. She arched her brow. "Good Lord, a peasant."