chapter twenty-six

<>

On the day before Harry's wedding, Andra asked for a three-day leave which the hospital granted. It would be amiss to say it wasn't a privilege. It was. She wouldn't have been permitted to do so if she weren't a Royal. But all things said and done, there she was... at Windsor Castle. It was only 3 in the morning since she went there straight from work. She hasn't had a wink of sleep for 24 hours, and she was cranky.

"Goodness! I thought you were a ghost." Prince Philip commented, his hand on his chest and his face relieved. "What are you doing roaming the halls at 3 AM?"

"I just got in from work. I need a bit of sleep—"

He cut her off. "No, you need a lot of it." He ushered her through the halls of the castle to her room which was nearest to his and the Queen's bed chambers. "You go sleep. I'll have someone wake you before lunch."

True to his words, no one came until it was just an hour before lunch. Vivian, her personal secretary who has been with her for more or less eight years, gave her a look from head to toe.

"Time to be up and about, Your Royal Highness. Lunch is at 12:30. The Queen would like to speak with you at 12 sharp, in her office. Of course, you will be attending the pre-wedding party—"

"Has The Duke of Westminster arrived?" She cut her off.

Vivian frowned but still answered. "Yes, ma'am. The Duke arrived an hour ago, he's settling in the guest room prepared for him."

"Good."

"About the pre-wedding party, ma'am. I prepared two options for gowns. One is a cream tube gown, the other is a midnight blue sweetheart-shaped gown."

"The midnight blue one. Bring the gown, let's make sure it fits perfectly."

"Good choice, ma'am. You will leave the castle at 4:30 PM with The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall for the pre-wedding party hosted by The Queen. The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will be riding in a separate vehicles. The Duke of Westminster will follow at exactly 4:35 PM with Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie, and Mr. Jack Brooksbank."

Andra nodded curtly. She proceeded to the bathroom to take a bath to freshen up. She changed into a pair of slacks and a simple Queen (the band) merch tee that her father had gotten for her one Christmas during her 'I love Rock' phase years ago.

Vivian almost shrieked when she saw the T-shirt. Andra laughed at her reaction, and said, "Relax, Vivian. I'm at home. I would've worn my pajamas, but it wouldn't be appropriate at noon."

On her way out, Andra came across Harry who avoided her. She was going to let it pass, with his wedding and all that. But she just couldn't. Andra stopped in her tracks and turned to Harry whose back faced her. Vivian shot her a warning glare as if she knew what was about to happen.

"Henry Charles Albert David," Andra said in a tone she'd learned from her grandmother. Harry halted. She closed the gap between them and gave him a smack on the head. "What the bloody hell is wrong with you, you git?" She asked ever so calmly despite the curses she spoke. "I can't believe you're actually avoiding me. You twat. You fucking... If this is about the dinner, I called you many times. You wouldn't answer. Speak up, you arsehole."

"This is about you not defending me from Dad's berating about my future wife's father like I could control that old git!"

"I wasn't there. I was working. I haven't seen any of you for months, that dinner was the only time I saw Dad. How could I have defended you, Haz? When I don't even know what happened? What little I do know is pure gossip from tabloids."