Chapter 36

Chapter 36        Quiana

          My husband is in the bath tub soaking his tired body. I took a shower, needing to clean up and get a nap before the kids stir. I remembered to unlock the bedroom door before falling instantly asleep.

          I had used my body to love and comfort my man. He needed the assurance he was still loved and needed. He made desperate love to me trying to assure me he was being honest and sorry. Honest he did not have a relationship with or injure Pauline. Sorry about not telling me about the company’s financial situation. I made desperate love to him because no matter our issues, I deeply love him. Also a good offense beats a good defense. Sometime today David will learn he does not have as many problems as he thinks. Then it may be his time to be upset with me. I have a few secrets too.

                                                          *****************

          “Mommy is my daddy here,” DJ needs to know. I raise my head to see him at my bed standing in front of his sister. He is in pajamas while Angel is dressed for school. She is beautiful and going to be tall like her dad. I smile at her and open my arms for both my children.

          “Mommy, Gran told me to pray and ask God to send my daddy home.” Her eyes look sad and worried. The bathroom door opens and the kids are shocked still. It only last a minute.

          “Daddy!” they both scream and attack their father. He slides to the floor with a kid in each arm. I turn over to watch the love fest. David is grinning more than his kids. I hear Carrie over the baby monitor. She is her happy self when I open her door. I take a minute to change her and we begin our walk down the hall. I hold both her tiny hands above her head while she takes a tiny step and then another. Nearly at my bedroom she hears her dad laughing with her sister and brother. She stops and looks up at me her golden eyes shining. Now she is giggling so I help her walk faster to see her daddy. At the door entrance she stares and giggles again. “Daddy,” she cries as I carry her to David. He lays her on his chest. When he looks up at me I can see his eyes shiny with unshed tears.

          “Daddy can we stay home from school today,” Angel wants to know. DJ looks up at his father. 

           “Yes gang. We are all going to hang out at home today.”

          “David, I have to leave for a while. I am taking Granny to a doctor’s appointment at one today. But I will start breakfast and see you in a few minutes.”

          I walked over and kissed the top of his head. As I walked out of the room, Carrie said, “Bye.”

          In the kitchen I thought about what would be a special breakfast. Everyone loves bacon. David loves cheesy eggs and the kids love Egos. I started cooking and was half finished when I heard activity on the stairs. David came in the kitchen with DJ in one arm and Carrie in the other. Angel came and set the big table. It was a happy morning.