Chapter 16

Chapter Sixteen

          David knew Quiana was not asleep. She was starting to drift after he did not say anything else.  According to Helen she was in love with him and should have been happy to hear him say he loved her. Maybe she was more interested in returning home than being in love.

          He was adequately aware of her being in his arms. He had missed her while she was in the hospital. Thinking about their love life he felt very stupid. Quiana had been warm and responsive whenever he reached for her. He thought about their wedding night and her request to start working that night on their baby. She had purchased sexy lingerie and instigated sex as often as he did. She was fun and developed an interest in anything he liked or seemed to like.

          David loved Quiana while his body ached for her. Her six week check-up was a week away and he felt like it was a month. His hand and brain had had a       disconnection as his hand started to travel over her hips. His brain knew he had to wait another week. His hand continued to caress her body softly. He was a hip man and loved all of her curves. He wanted so badly to spend all night making love to her as he had done early in their marriage. When she returned to St. Louis he always felt like he would lose his mind. He missed her laugh, her touch and his desire to be with her was constant. She wasn’t like Pauline or other women he had dated. She had her own business and plans to be successful by the sweat of her own brow. She had not known how successful he had become. The night of the award dinner she was just proud of a brother from the hood she had grown up with.  Most women tried to trip and fall under him a few hours into the first date. She wanted their first time to be special. It was memorable. He had had sex with his fair share of women. It was never hard to say good-bye. It was impossible to say good-bye to Quiana. She was more than his friend’s sister. She had made his heart beat an extra beat from the first day he saw her. Now that they were lovers, parents and friends she completed him and filled all the holes in his heart money could not fill. He could not bear the thought of her marrying or being with anyone else.   

Part of his mind was focused on holding Quiana and his ear was listening for his son’s cry.

          Tomorrow he was going to look at two homes with more space. His son needed a bedroom. Quiana needed more working space. He was going to make her an offer he hoped she would not refuse. For tonight he hoped he could touch her more intimately while he tried to wait for next week to make love to her. He had missed that she was in love with him but he recognized all the signs that told him her body craved him as his did for her. The house was settled. Granny was home after a nice dinner and family time. He saw Quiana tear up a couple of times watching Grans hold DJ. He had played with her face and pulled his sister’s hair. They were both delighted. Grans would be eighty four soon. Watching her he knew Quiana had to wonder how much time she had with us. Would DJ get a chance to really know her? 

          “Quiana please let me touch you while you touch me and relieve this tension. I can’t wait until next week. I need you now.” She was lying with her head on his chest. He did not try to tell her he loved her but told her what she could not deny. His need was obvious and provable. He waited for her response and pushed tomorrow out of his mind.

          She raised her head and looked at him in the soft light from the nightlight.  “Baby, do you have a condom in case we can’t stop with touching? I don’t want to move and find out I have a new little one on the way.”     

                   ****************************************************

          DJ was a wonderful baby. He had slept all night while his parents spent the night making passionate love. Touching had been the goal but the weeks they had not made love soon demanded more and then more. Now DJ was demanding his time with one of them. Quiana had earned sleeping late this morning. David had not been able to get enough of her and she repaid him in kind. Now she was out for the count and he wanted her to rest in case he could convince her to play touch again tonight.

          Later Quiana found him in the kitchen feeding DJ. Everyone was bathed and dressed. DJ sucked his bottle while he was fascinated watching his feet kicking in the air. “Good morning, I love you.” She looked at her husband for a minute then went to make a cup of tea. “Baby, your tea is in the microwave.” She returned to the table and sat across from him and next to Angel. “Good morning mommy” Angel smiled at her. “I love you too.” She leaned over and hugged Angel and gave her husband a hard stare.

          She sipped her tea knowing David was up to something. “Why is everyone dressed on a Saturday morning?”

          “Daddy is taking us to look at a new house so I will have a back yard and DJ will have his own room? Are you coming with us?”

          “No, I need to rest in case…” Quiana looked very innocent and bat her eyes while David chocked on his coffee. His chocking made her laugh while Angel went to pat his back.

          “Baby, do you mind if I take DJ?”

          “I will ride and keep him while you look at houses.”

          “Not houses. I have selected one online. If it checks out I will take it.”

          She left the table and walked casually out of the room. David checked the time. Twenty minutes she was back with shoes, a sweater and cap for DJ. David did not comment about her lack of make-up or her crooked ponytail. Someone had freshen up and dressed in a hurry.