Part 16 Cat-astrophic

I couldn't sleep after what had happened to me. That damn Joker...

I kept on tossing and turning all night but still can't sleep. Curse you, Kaitou Joker.

Just as how I was last time, sleep was evading from me. But this time, just when I thought I could get some sleep, Miss Purple had already knock on my door and calling me to get up.

I answered back that I would be ready in a short time, and ignored the rest of her sentence. I only realized it's already morning with the sun shinning into the room.

I sighed and got ready for the day. Just as I was walking down the stairs, I suddenly thought of what did Miss Purple said just now. Was it to visit a royal family or something? I only remembered her saying we were invited to some sort of meet up with other nobles.

I stood midway until Miss Purple called me once more, stuffed a small present in my hands, then only I make my way down for breakfast.

After that scrumptious meal, I entered the carriage, lost in the scenery outside as the carriage pulled our way to the unfamiliar kingdom, Roseland.

The whole place was crawling and blooming with roses, despite them all being full of thorns, the whole castle still looks neat and tidy.

A short little girl in her tidy uniform stood near the entrance,"A-ah, g-good morning, Your Highness, I-I am Cecile Brun-n-ner, h-here to show you th-the way t-to Princess Roselina." She must be a personal servant to Princess Roselina, I believe.

She opened the doors and led the way to meet Princess Roselina. The place is huge that walking from the entrance to the guest room seemed to be a maze. Although the hallways were bright, I clutched the present in my hands uneasily, the whole place seemed to be making my head dizzy as I walked through them.

When we finally reached the guest room, the timid little servant knocked on the door, announcing my presence and left us there. "Y-y-your Highness, Princess Q-Queen has a-arrived,"

"About time you are here!" There was a tone of impatience from the voice owner. I peeked inside and see the princess in there. She was dressed all flouncy and fancy, petting a cat in her laps.

She stood up, and marched right in my direction. I slightly curtsied at her,"Pleasure to meet you, my name is Que---" I was then interrupted by her series of actions.

She first leaned in to check my hair,"Hmm..." then turned to the other side and kept looking up and down at me. "Not too shabby, but not even pretty."

She must have noticed the small present in my hands,"Oooh! What have we got there?" She snatched the present from my hands and opened it, "A hello gift for me?" In the present was a golden necklace carved in the shape of a rose, "Mm-hmm... Seems like you've got the correct taste, for once." she snorted.

I was a bit stunned, unsure of how should I react to her way of meeting someone new, it was rather rude but I didn't want to give her the same impolite reply.

"Oh yes, what was I thinking about earlier... ..." She murmured to herself, "Yes. A tea party." She stared at me, "Let's go." Then roughly grabbed me to her tea party venue by my arm.

The garden was filled with the strong aroma of roses, she dragged me to the table set for tea nearby. There were also several spilt paint cans were found near a scrapped canvas next to the table. She poured me a cup of rosy pink tea, and tried to start a conversation. "Well this is... Weird. How should we start? Hmm... ... Tell me about your life!"

"Um, my life?"

"Well of course, your life as a lowly commoner?" She rolled her eyes at my question, she could have added a "duh" at the back.