Part 18 Three Strikes II

(Queen's POV)

"Ugh... " I grumbled as I hold the painting tightly in my hands. I could've get things right by myself, if it isn't because of him! With that I let out another silent groan and tried to move my attention to the scenery outside.

"You know, milady, that frown of yours is going to make your skin grow old even faster with wrinkles~" I loosen my frown for a minute, but soon bit my lips, yes, he has got a point.

How am I going to beat him in every way I can? Ugh...

"How rare of you to stay so silent for quite a while, milady~" He grinned again, "But that's really cold of you to not speak to me at all... " And there went the childish pout again. Just how troublesome of him!

"Hmm? Why are you still not talking to me?" He leaned in for a hug, but I just pushed him away. "Why are you so cruel? Mm?" He just sat beside me while looking at me, trying to give that puppy eyes kind of look but failed to do so. "Quit it. What's the next treasure we are going after?"

"Awww man, so you've only been thinking about the next treasure the whole time instead of me?"

"Just out with it already!" I raised my fist, ready to give his head another bonk.

"Okay, okay, it's the Jinshi lacquerware!"

The blimp came to a stop, we looked out the window and confirmed our destinated. "Ah, we're here!"

"Location?"

"It's in the secret room right behind the hidden door in the janitor's room." 

Just as he turned and kept on babbling about it, I had already made my way out from the blimp.

"-- and also traps right before the treasure, hey! You didn't let me finish my sentence!" He yelled from above. I gave him a smug and shouted, "I'll get the treasure right before you do, we'll see who's the real Kaitou here!" 

"No, wait!"

Ignoring his calls, I broke straight into the room from the nearest window and checked the floor levels and such. "Hmm, the janitor room must be that way," I mumbled to myself as I try to find my way around. "Oh, yes! This is it!" I opened the hidden door camouflaged as a wooden closet in the janitor's room.

"Hey, just wait!" I heard Joker chasing up from behind. 

"As if I will!" With that, I kept on running towards the long hallways. I grabbed the wall and made a swift turn at the corner, trying to swipe him off the track. 

Beep--!

There were laser lines shooting from the direction of where I was sliding towards to. "Wha--?" Just as I saw them, I tried to move my body sideways but only managed to duck some of them while my feet were still skidding through the slope-like hallways.

I felt an impact from behind and the next thing I knew, I was pushed to the ground by Joker at the back. 

"Ahhhh!!" We both were jumbled up in a pile and rolled down the hallway until we were stopped by bumping onto the huge door.

"Oww... " Joker winced, while trying to sit up from behind me. "You know, milady, losing your life means losing the chances of going out for heists with me."

"I know, I'm sorry, but I would rather get the treasure myself."

"Aww, how rude. Despite the fact that I had saved you again... "

"That did not count!"

"Did too!"

"Did not!"

"Why are you two still standing there?" We were startled by the unknown voice, we turned to see the door opened and in between them stood an old man with dictionary thick glasses on.