Part 11 The Princess To Be

Queen's POV

"There... Perfect! Now I got your measurements, your gown is going to be wonderful." Ai says as she writes down something in her notebook.

"So... pink and white as usual?"

"You got it."

"Nice, I'll make sure it turn out well then."

"Thank you, Ai."

"You're welcome, what are friends for, after all?" We both giggle and continue our conversation about the crowning ceremony.

"I see Queen is getting more used to being a princess now, I thank you very much, Miss Purple." Father is sitting on a wheelchair, accepting a cup of tea from Miss Purple.

"There's no need to thank me, Your Majesty, I'm just doing my job."

Father coughs several times and continues,"I hope nothing bad happens to her when she's known to the world."

"I believe it wouldn't. Even if there is, they'll all be gone."

"Still... we haven't let her discover her own powers, I'm worried she can't control it when she knew about it."

"Let the time tell, Your Majesty."

"Miss Purple, please bring her the gift I bought for her."

"Yes, Your Majesty." Miss Purple walks off to get the gift.

Father just looks at us from distance.

"Ai, help me memorize the steps I need to remember on the coronation."

"Let's see... What should you do when your hair feels itchy?"

"Ignore it?"

"Good, now, what should you do after you're crowned?"

"Bow to the new subjects and give a speech."

"Yes, and what to do when you think your heels aren't right?"

"Try to use the tip to walk."

"Nice, and what.."

"Excuse me, Your Highness, here's a little gift from your father," Miss Purple offers me a present.

"Thank you," I reach out my hands to accept it and look at father. "Can I open it now, father?"

"Sure you can," I untie the ribbon and open the lid. Inside the box reveals a white thingy which I do not know what is it. I take it out,"Huh? It's quite heavy. Thank you, father, but... What is this?"

"It's a cell phone, my dear."

"A cell phone?" O... kay? But still I never know what is this...

"It's almost like a telephone, but instead of just using it for calling and answering, it can also be used for texting messages and also something called as video call or... you know, there's many fancy stuffs inside." Father chuckles and sips his tea.

"Um, thank you, father."

"Your account was set according to the royals' code and you're added in our group chat. Therefore, we can talk to each other easier. We will cut down the time used for sending letters or inviting others over, except for some urgent cases that we need to have a meeting together."

"Oh, that's... nice, thank you."

"Don't worry, you'll get the use of it soon."

"I can help you on that as well,"

"Thank you so much, Ai!"

After all those trainings, I think I am ready to be a princess. Every night before going to bed, I always tell myself, a princess or commoner, I am still myself. I do this just in case I'm insulted or judged by others.

Near the day of the coronation, I believe the villagers in the village I used to live in will be chatting and discussing about this with their friends and families.

A boy who sells newspapers in the town is waving a newspaper in his hands highly, yelling,"The Coronation of Princess Emerald will soon be held! King Emerald have a daughter! Our kingdom will have a new hope!!!" Of course, this type of news would definitely attract lots of people to read. The newspaper boy will soon sell all his newspapers.

Many families receives invitations to the coronation. Some girls and women will think of what to wear while some boys and men will think of what gifts to bring. All of Emerald kingdom will be looking forward to this day, expecting a new princess, a new descendant of the throne and also a new ruler to maintain the sustainability and wealth of Emerald kingdom. I know all the new subjects are counting on me after father's sickness that he's been suffering from. I must not let them down!

On the day of the coronation, I sense nervous gushing all over me. Taking several deep breathes, I open the wardrobe and take out the dress Ai had prepared for me. I like it very much, the perfect completion of pink and white dress has calm me down a little. Ok, Queen, you can do this. It will just take one day, then for the rest, prove yourself that you are ready to be a princess. For father, for the new subjects, and also the kingdom.

After changing into the dress, Ai helps me to tie my hair up elegantly. Once all the stuffs are prepared and ready, I get into the carriage and starts my journey to the venue, St. Aria.

As the coronation starts, people sit down, and all of their heads are drawn to the huge door of St. Aria. The door soon throw open and I'm standing there, ready to walk into the hall. The nervous feeling is growing as I walk into my new life. So much has changed after a month, my life, my surroundings.

The tiara is then crowned on my head, so is the responsibility. After the crowning part, I turn to all my new subjects.

"I, Queen Emerald, will help my father with our kingdom. I will make sure to protect all the people of Emerald like how my father did. I hope to be helpful and make our kingdom a better place!"

As I finish my speech, the crowd cheer loudly. The coronation is coming to an end, but my journey has just started. Emerald, I will not let you down.