Part 15 Second Kiss

"Mng..." I lie at my bed, recalling what happened exactly two hours ago.

"Why in the world is this all happening to me?" I look up at the pale ceiling, asking myself like a dumb person. I glance at the standing clock, 2.08 a.m., it's getting late but sleep seems to be evading from me.

Get some sleep, Queen. Or else you'll be a mess tomorrow... I keep on telling me myself about needing sleep, reading some dull books but nothing. The whole night I am only staring at the ceiling.

This is going to be really bad. I wish to tell father about this but he's not supposed to know I'm a kaitou. But if I tell Mr. Silverheart and Ai doesn't seem right as well. I think it's the best I swallow it down inside me...

Just until I can finally sleep, Miss Purple is knocking at my door.

"Your Highness, it's time to wake up."

"Yes, Miss Purple."

"Today we'll have a lot to do, hurry up and get ready."

"I'll be right there in a minute!" I jump out of my bed and oof! I trip over the wooden edge of my chair.

"Are you alright, Your Highness?"

"I'm fine. Thank you." I clutch my knee as I get up. Ow.

I quickly get dressed and rush out to the dining room. "Just in time, Queen." Father smiles weakly at me.

"Morning, father."

As I eat, Miss Purple starts listing out the long stuffs written on her scroll. "Then opening the ceremony of the new church at five... I think that's it."

During our ride to certain destinations, Miss Purple seems to find me taking a little nap while she's checking her list again.

"Do you not have enough sleep last night, Your Highness?"

"Um, no. I think I'm just not used to getting up early for almost every day." The truth is 'yes', sorry for lying to you, Miss Purple.

"Perhaps you should get to bed early. Starting from today."

"I will, Miss Purple." I look at the scenery out the ride to avoid eye contact with her.

Before I can have another of my short nap again, something is happening outside the carriage. The horses suddenly neigh loudly and our ride come to a sudden halt. My head bang onto the window.

Clank! There seems to be some commotions out there. I hold the bump on my head then stick my head out of the window.

"What is going on!!?" Miss Purple exclaims as she pulls her spectacles higher up her nose.

"Wait... Is that?" I tilt my head as a mysterious guy in red tuxedo is running up the row of roofs. Kaitou Joker? Probably by purpose, he sends me a mischievous grin and a little salute at me as he runs on the roofs. My heart skips a beat when seeing that act of his.

Without thinking, I push the carriage door open and start catching up. But not for long, I soon loss the sight of him. "Oh, you must be Princess Queen!" A young man exclaims from my back. He suddenly kneels down as he begs,"Please help us, Your Highness! That darn thief had stolen our precious sapphire!"

"No. Now you're under arrest for lying to the nobles." Miss Purple comes up and quickly put a pair of handcuffs on the young man.

"What? Hey, old lady, it was the thief  that who had stolen my sapphire! How come it is me who gets arrested?"

"I assume you're Pekin Josh, the guy who have been trying to plot traps for the innocents for ten years. Since you have come here by yourself, you're arrested right now."

"You..." The guy named 'Pekin Josh' tries to fight back, but Miss Purple is faster than him, forcing him to sleep while using her sleep potion secretly.

"Your Highness, I believe you should've understand that you're not allowed to wander off by yourself."

"Yes, Miss Purple. I'm sorry." I look at the ground.

"Now, now. Let's go back." Miss Purple ushers me back to the carriage. I can't help but look back at the direction where he disappears.

Later that night, I go out on a heist for the Violetta Bouquet by myself. Ai isn't feeling well so I'll have to do everything by myself.

After I reached my destination, I rush immediately to the showcase room of the Violetta Bouquet. It's one of my mother's creation after all, so I must make sure I can collect it back.

The bright light flashes on the bouquet, making it glow magically. It's very beautiful, I reach out my hand to take it, but someone pulls me from my waist and makes me face him.

With that sly grin of his, he asks,"Good day, milady?"

"What do you want?" I scoff harshly at him.

"Your love~"

I almost choked. "What the-- how many times have I told you that 'I. Am. Not. Gay.' ?!!"

"Well it wouldn't be gay if you're going to admit that you love me as Queen Emerald, right?"

"Listen up, you jerk! I don't care if you already know who I am, but if I'm still playing my role as Kaitou King or Queen Emerald here, then there's no way I'm liking you!"

"Hmm... Why'd you have to be so rude?" He let's go of my waist and pouts like a child.

"Cause I don't and I never will like or love a jerk like you!!!" I point at him and then start bombarding,"What? Just because you knew who I am then I should like you? Heck, you didn't even let me know who are you under that mask! You even force me to kiss you when I don't want to! Why in the world should I like you??!" My face then flush with embarrassment as I say so, thinking about the midnight dance.

"Oho? But i assumed that you actually enjoyed the kiss?" He grins mischievously and acts like he's thinking something.

"Ugh... Just shut your mouth up!!" I yell at him. But suddenly, the siren goes on,"It's all your fault!" I give him a dirty look then run away with the bouquet.

"That's the wrong way, Kaitou King."

"Shut up! I know where I'm going!" That's awkward, but I still need my pride here. Just then, a group of policemen surround the way I'm going.

"Stop in the name of the law!" Then the group starts charging at me. Right at that very moment, Kaitou Joker puts his hand on my waist again and scoops me up bridal-style. Yes, I hate to admit that...

"Au revoir!" He grins then starts running up to the top of the tower. Leaving the policemen in puffs of white smoke surrounding them.

At the roof top, he lands me but his hands are still on my waist. "Let me go, you jerk." I try to struggle out of his grasp.

"What? Don't I get a 'thank you' for this? Or perhaps you would give me another kiss in return?" He leans closer as he says so.

"Not even in your dreams, jerk!" Once I get myself free, I try to slap him hard in his face, but he catches my right hand and grasp my waist with his free hand, leaning me closer to him. "You're just too shy to ask for another kiss, aren't you?"

"I do not! You---" he cuts my sentence with a kiss. I hate to admit it, but it really is a passionate and soft kiss.

"Well, well. Looks like your heart is actually much more honest than your mouth." He leans forward and whispers in my ear,"I love you, my princess. Care for another heist tomorrow night? Just the two of us." He grins as he loosen his grasp.

"Goodnight, my dear." He bows like a gentleman and disappears into the night. Once again, I am stunned there. I start to ask myself, if I really do like him. Or is it just some type of illusion my eyes are playing on me.

The next day, the news start spreading : Kaitou Joker and Kaitou King confirmed as gay! Then below the article is a picture of the two of them kissing.

And that is the first thing I see on TV the next morning. "Kaitou Joker!!!!" I can only yell inwardly.