Part 8 A Royal Tea Party

We've been walking in the maze-like garden for a while. I'm not used to being pulled around by a prince. The whole bushes, with vines turning and twisting around them, lil' flower buds blooming.

"So where are we going?"

"We're almost there... yes, here it is!" Jack says

"Whoa... " To my surprise, a large table fit for four was set up with cutleries and desserts. But there are butterflies-like tiny people flying all around the garden.

"Are they... Fairies? " Ai reach out her hand to touch one of them. But it flew off quickly.

"They are floús, that's what people in Sonata called them as. They're actually flower fairies. " Jack says.

"Ting! Wow! So these are your friends, your Highness? " A purple-winged floús fly near them.

"It's a great pleasure to meet you,  your Highness." The little floús curtsies in the middle of the air.

"It's nice to meet you as well, you can just call me Queen. "

"I wouldn't do that. But it's nice to know some new friends around. "

"It's alright. I like your wings, they're very beautiful. "

"Why thank you, your Highness. We wouldn't be bothering you now, we'll go somewhere else. We'll see you all soon. Bye! "

"Bye! "

"They're so cute! I wonder how it would be to fly around with wings in the air. "

"I think I should let you know about this : King did a drawing of him flying in the sky like a fairy when he was six."

"What? " I widen my eyes as I hear that.  So is Ai.

"Hey! Why did you --- No, I mean,  when did I ever do that? "

"So you've admitted it huh? " Jack smiles in amusement.

"I do not! "

"Alright,  time for our royal tea party! " Jack then drags King to the table.

Jack pulls out the chair for me, just what a gentleman he is. King does the same for Ai.

I look at the tiers of desserts, they are mostly foreign ones like croissants, chocolate mousse and strawberry shortcakes (my favorite of all the time!)  They also serve mochi and dangos.

"I heard that you have Asia origins, so I asked Hachi to help me prepare these um...  'Mosshis' and 'damngoes '? Hope you both like it. "

"Thank you very much, I believe you meant them as 'mochi' and 'dangos'. "

"Oh... Je suis désolé.. I didn't know about that..." Looking at my confused face,  he continues on,"Oh, that means 'I am sorry'. "

"I see. "

"Anyways, try having a taste? "

"Sure, mmm... It tastes almost the same as Mr. and Mrs. Ohio's. Don't you think so, Ai? "

"It sure does. So this chef of yours, Hachi, is a Japanese? "

"Indeed he is. "

"How did you have a Japanese chef? "

"Because I have Japan origins as well. "

"Huh? How is that possible? I thought you're a total French? " I look at him all over again. Silver white hair and blue eyes.  But his skin tone is fairly white. This could be a proof of him as a Japanese  I see.

"Ha ha..  Actually, my mother is French but my father, on the other hand is a Japanese. "

"I see. "

"Do you mind telling us more about yourself when you're still a commoner? " Jack asks while handing me a plate of strawberry shortcake.

"Sure, I used to help my grandfather, who actually is not my grandfather, but a butler in my castle. We used to run a florist shop near Mount Hyacinth. Then in the evenings, I'll go and buy him some stuffs or help him to run some errands. "

"Huh,  it's quite a sad story... "

"I'm fine with that. "

"Mind if I ask? What do you like the most in your daily life? " King lays his napkin and asks.

"For me, it's when my customers like my designs of clothes. " Ai smiles.

"As for me, it's when I can spend time with my friend, Ai. Remember we still have several episodes to catch up to, " I wink at Ai.

"Wow... I really did think of what would happen if I am a commoner. "

"You just like to think of the what ifs, King."

"It can be fun too!"

"Ha ha ha! "

We then chat to each others about the differences and similarities of our countries for a long time. Then King leads Ai  to the small pond in the garden to show her the fishes called Carpones in Sonata. I just leave the table and walk around when Jack left for the restroom.

I come across with several huge flower beds, looking at the flowers, something flash across my mind. I pluck some of the flowers and vines then sit down under a weeping willow. A loop and a vine, one by one, I start making a garland.

When Jack comes back, he approaches me questioningly,"What are you up to? "

"Oh, it's you, Jack. I'm making a garland. "

"Why would you--" before he can finish his sentence, I put the garland onto his head and giggle.

"You look nice with it on you." I can't help but keep on smiling.

"Keep this as a hello gift from me,  please?"

"Sure. " He then laughs too.

"Queen!" Ai calls me from afar.

"Ai!" I wave back at her.

"We should go send the presents for them now, c'mon. "

"Coming!"

I turn back to Jack,"Hope you like the garland." Then I walk towards Ai.

When we get back to the ballroom, the royals are still talking together, chatting happily.

The presents which Miss Purple had helped us to prepare are on a glass table at the edge of the ballroom. I look at all the presents and start to give them out to the royals there.

Before leaving, Queen of Jones gives us a present, a letter and reminds me to help her to deliver the letter to my father.

I love this day, a total warm welcome to Sonata and to meet the nobles. I'll make sure I never forget about this.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
On his way back to Jones Kingdom, Jack holds the flower garland tightly in his hands. He is quiet on the whole ride.

"This reminded me of something... " He mutters.